• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XCover 5, function "share with", how to add missing app symbols to the menu

M

Member 2190733

Tech data:

Samsung Galaxy XCover 5
OneUI 5.1
Android 13

Following matter:

If I want to share any media or text with the function "share with", then the corresponding menu opens with the apps to which I can forward the content to share. However, some app icons are still missing in this listing. Even with the option "edit apps", I can't add the missing icons.

Is there any possible solution to this?

Persuade the app developer to give their app the necessary interface so that the system knows that it is capable of sharing the content.

Generally this is the way Android works: when you want to do something, it shows you a list of apps that have declared that they can do it (rightly or wrongly: the list often includes apps that definitely cannot handle what you asked but where the developer has presumably been too broad in declaring what they can do). So I imagine the share dialogue is the same, and if an app hasn't declared that it can do this it won't even show up as an option to add. Hence this is almost certainly a problem for the app developer to fix rather than the user or Samsung.

Reactions: mikedt and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones