• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xperia X10 questions

mrcaptain

Jun 22, 2010
New to android. Had nokia N series, and most recently, the HTC HD2.
Decided to get the Xperia X10 a few days ago, only to get it home and find it's a heap of poo.

Anyway, a few questions about android/X10.

1) Is there any way to download a .doc file from an email? I can only see preview, but I want it saved to my phone.

2) Is there any app that I can get to stop the contract internet connecting, so I can preserve my battery life?

3) Are there any RSS readers that actually work for it? I downloaded the one from the market, but it didn't work at all.

4) How long on average does your battery last? I'm lucky if mine lasts 6 hours.

These are the only questions I can think of just now. No doubt I'll be back with more.

Thanks.

I'm not so sure, these are just my opinions:

1. If the email apps with the phone couldn't allow you to download, maybe you could find another from the market.

2. I think you could shutdown it from the setting pannel.

3. Search from the market, otherwise, search from the internet, there're plenty of apps resources.

4. I'm using G2, my battery could last 1-2 days. There's three mode, I suggest you switch to a lower CPU Mode, and shutdown some apps that you don't need. In that way, mine could last about 3 days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones