• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
When the keyboards on screen, click the 'gear wheel' to the left of the spacebar (for settings) then select "Text Input" and uncheck "Prediction".

I did this and it worked for me, have recently turned it back on though as my typing skills where not as deft as I'd originally thought! the predictive text does take some getting used to but it seems to learn from your most picked words so might be worth perservering with, but give the above a try if your sure you want rid of it?

Upvote 0
When the keyboards on screen, click the 'gear wheel' to the left of the spacebar (for settings) then select "Text Input" and uncheck "Prediction".

I did this and it worked for me, have recently turned it back on though as my typing skills where not as deft as I'd originally thought! the predictive text does take some getting used to but it seems to learn from your most picked words so might be worth perservering with, but give the above a try if your sure you want rid of it?

All of them are unticked and XT9 always comes default when I want to text someone. In other applications that use the keyboard, it isn't a problem as it has ABC as default.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones