• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yahoo Email Not Showing HTML Email Bodies

cubswin

Apr 14, 2010
Chicago
Hi, I am on my 4th phone in about 10 Days from VzW, now a re-furbed Incredible 2. Issue is I am receiving Yahoo emails, however the ones where body is HTML are blank. So, I receive the header/subject and a blank email. I know from web log-in the content is there, but not visible on my phone. I believe the December 14 update broke this. Is this a known issue? VzW suggests the Yahoo market app, which is reviewed as worthless. Thoughts? News? Suggestions?

Unfortunately this fix did not work for me. In the Android Mail Client, I changed Attachment Cache to internal storage, but the contents of most emails disappear permanently after viewing them for about 4 seconds. If you close the email and return, the header is there, but the body is blank. I hate having to use a separate interface for one of my accounts, but I think Yahoo is doing this on purpose. It really stinks b/c the Yahoo app doesn't allow you to use two different ID's on the same account, like you can on the desktop.

Upvote 0
I use the yahoo app as well and I have 4 yahoo accounts setup.
you have an accounts button top left, then you go to a different screen and over on the right there is a "manage" putton. By pressing it you can add and remove accounts.
so thats the official yahoo mail app ver 1.3.8

Unfortunately this fix did not work for me. In the Android Mail Client, I changed Attachment Cache to internal storage, but the contents of most emails disappear permanently after viewing them for about 4 seconds. If you close the email and return, the header is there, but the body is blank. I hate having to use a separate interface for one of my accounts, but I think Yahoo is doing this on purpose. It really stinks b/c the Yahoo app doesn't allow you to use two different ID's on the same account, like you can on the desktop.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help. I know how to use the Yahoo Mail app, however it fails to allow you to access the additional alias for the same address that the web version provides. On my Y! account, I have the ability to send/reply to messages from my single account from a different alias. I have given out these aliases (personal/professional) for a long time, so setting up a whole new account isn't an option I want to pursue. The native mail app allowed me to set up the same Yahoo account with two separate aliases, the Y! App won't let me set up the "other" alias as a new account, saying it's already in use. This is such a PITA, as everything used to work fine in the native mail app. I am guessing there is no effort underway to fix this...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones