• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Mail or Not

RizXperia

May 28, 2010
Evening folks am not sure i have posted this query on the correct post if not my apolgies and could somesome post it in the correct section.

Now here goes to explain my issues , i own the HTC Desire HD after owning 13 Xperia X10i's i cant fault this phone touch wood.

My first query is this when i check my emails with the MAIL app which is already on the phone it only allows me to go back to so many messages and not more so i decided to download the free YAHOO MAIL app and its just like the mail setup on the pc great stuff now i cant seem to log out of this or i cant finds a way of logging out of the Yahioo Mail once i am finished with it is it safe enough to be left logged into mail on the mobile a s i have heard stories where people can hack into your account etc ????

Secondly i hear there is a Gingerbread software coming out for this phone in july ?? How do i know what software version i am running just now .

Based in the United Kingdom and on Orange Network

Do hope someone can help

Cheers

Riz

My first query is this when i check my emails with the MAIL app which is already on the phone it only allows me to go back to so many messages
I don't know about the Yahoo Mail (POP3?) but I added a Hotmail (MAPI) account to my stock Android email app, and it lets me choose how many days of email to synchronize. (From within the Hotmail inbox of the stock email app, press the settings button, "Account Settings", "Amount to synchronize". My Gmail (IMAP) account does not let me choose ho much to sync.

How do i know what software version i am running just now.
From the home screen, press the settings button, select "settings", "About phone". The Android version will be listed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones