• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yet Another Introduction

eddieroger

Oct 13, 2009
Hello, Android!

I am a recent Hero owner after leaving behind my Palm Pre. So far I love this phone. I was one of those people who said the lack of apps on the Pre didn't matter, but now that I have the Market, I know it certainly doesn't hurt. But in general, this phone just feels so much more solid. Plus, being into tech and a modest programmer, the flexibility and power of Android is just amazing to me. My favorite thing so far has to be the the fact that you write write an intent for almost anything and rewrite the entire phone if you want to.

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm very excited to be here!

Welcome to AF forums!
smile.gif

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums!

The Pre does email and web surfing very well, which is all that's needed for a lot of people. The apps sure are nice to have, though! Pre is getting some now that it has been opened up for 3rd parties. I hope they continue to get more as the OS is nice.

You are right - the flexibility of the full open source Android OS sure is nice. You can program it to do just about anything. I think it is why so many different vendors are gravitating to it now.

Upvote 0
Hello, Android!

I am a recent Hero owner after leaving behind my Palm Pre. So far I love this phone. I was one of those people who said the lack of apps on the Pre didn't matter, but now that I have the Market, I know it certainly doesn't hurt. But in general, this phone just feels so much more solid. Plus, being into tech and a modest programmer, the flexibility and power of Android is just amazing to me. My favorite thing so far has to be the the fact that you write write an intent for almost anything and rewrite the entire phone if you want to.

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm very excited to be here!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones