• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

yongzh apps pulled

I think it would need to be free with an option to donate not.donate for more content, but I would need to see the actual license to verify. From what zod said it looks like the complaints may have have come from the OEM which I think is ridiculous seeing as how much Nintendo, Sega, and Sony are actually making off systems and games they stopped stopped production and support for years ago. But with things like the Wii virtual console they do still make money off the games

Sega and Sony both are making ports of their games to mobile. Sony has released some ps1 games though weigh terrible support and a grand total of 4 out of thousands at that...

Sega actually releases and emulator for ios with old Genesis games which is sells for like 5-10 $ a piece.

I don't know if this means Sega wants to come to android as well but they definitely have the money to muscle Google around.

Nintendo on the otherhand is easy to understand.

Most of their successful games are all in house and are contstantly rereleased for each new system. They have openly said they wont be coming android or ios but they do for example re port Zelda orcania of time and many other classic n64 games or slight variations of remakes to the 3ds etc. For Nintendo the risk is even greater because a large portion of their games are ones which could be emulated on an older console but they want you to pay premium prices to be able to play it on the go. If Android allows someone to play a decent amount of those games all on their phone, without the need to lug around a 3ds as well it is even more enticing then with the Sega and Sony example.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones