• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your G1 TV Ad

I would have different people saying,

"It can... FILL IN THE BLANK"
"It can... FILL IN THE BLANK"

with the crazy things it can do. the fill in the blank part should be short and sweet and to the point.

Then there would be a branding part:

"The T-Mobile G1... with Google Android"

And then another person saying:

"The only thing it can't do is bake you a pie"

The FILL IN THE BLANKS and ONLY THING IT CAN'T DO would switch from commercial to commercial.

Upvote 0
I would have a giant pile of smartphones all with their screen glowing, and one by one they would turn off, until only the G1 is left glowing....

...zoom in close to screen....with all the various icons and apps showing....

...tag - "More apps."

I realize that this might not be 100% true, but is advertising?

Follow up ad, Same pile, or so it appears, with just one G1 lit up, all of a sudden more and more light up, and they are all G1s each with a different app.

Same tag - "More apps."

Final ad, same pile with screens all on, but this time they screens enmasse switch from app to app for apps that are socially connected, like Parallel Kingdoms, TuneWiki, etc.

Tag - "More connections."

Upvote 0
Rob,

After you stated "It can't bake you a pie" then switch to the application market and download the application that allows you to view cooking shows (sorry forgot the name) and show them "baking a pie" and then look into the camera and say" Well, I guess I can bake a pie with the G1". :D

Larry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones