• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

youtube problems

Braman

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
Hi there,

Can someone help me please I'm very new to this. I have had my HTC desire for about a week now and can't access any youtube videos.
I can select a video to view and it looks like it's loading but after serveral minutes the error message 'Sorry no network connection right now, please try again later' or 'Sorry, this video cannot be played. this video is not available'
My internet seems to be working although it seems very slow (thought it should be alot faster). Is there something I need to set up to be able to view the videos? I've tried using the youtube widget and also using Dolphin HD but with no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

I tried Skyfire but it hasn't resolved the problem thanks for the tip anyway.
The best I can get is 3 seconds of the vid before it freezes although most videos still don't play at all.
This is very frustrating, I'm starting to think there might actually be a fault with the phone as I take it most people aren't experiencing the same problems as me???

Upvote 0
at the top is the notification bar and when mobile net is enabled it will say either G, 3G or H with G being the slowest with only small amounts of data being able to upload/download and H being the best mobile net where it may be slow compared to wifi but you should be able to view youtube vids via the app.over wifi it should be very quick unless your actual net connection is slow i suppose.
with my desire if i have G or 3G youtube is so slow i cant really view it but with H i can view it very well.its all down to your network reception

Reactions: HellsBells
Upvote 0
Cheers man, thanks for all the help, must be my netwrork reception.
I went into an 02 shop today and queried it with them, they didn't understand why it wasn't working but they are arranging a meeting for me with one of there technical Guru's, hopefully he can sort this out for me.

Thanks again, much appreciated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones