• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

z71 phone hangs on logo after restoring default ROM

Gyrocopter

Lurker
Apr 27, 2011
I'm noob sorry. And my phone is rebranded the name in my country is Cherry Mobile Nova which is based on z71 etc.

I recently backed up my default ROM with RM and after that I updated it using cyanogen 7.0.2 (Gingerbread). Then I have other issues/problems with CM7. The Wi-fi doesn't work it is stuck on scanning mode then I decided to go back to my default ROM.

And another problem, I got this message "MD5 Mismatch!" so I follow some steps to fix this (in the emulator something on the phone I done something that fixed the .md5)

Then after that I restored my default ROM. I got no problems restoring it it said "Restored complete". I rebooted my phone to see if it work then I'm stuck on the Company logo! I had no back up of CM7 ROM because I thought my old back up is perfect because it is the default ROM. I tried clearing the cache and do a factory reset on the recovery but it doesn't work.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones