• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

james27007

Look into my Eye
Mar 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
Well I got the AT&T branded Zagg "Dry" full body clear cover (covered the screen and battery door) when I got the phone back in Feb. It has that "orange peel" bumpiness to it that at first was not an issue; at least until I put the ghost armor on. Besides slightly distorting the screen it caused issues with the s-pen and swype. The s-pen, because of the bumps, would not draw a smooth line and when I used swype; my finger would skip across the cover and not swype the full word. Well I have ghost armor on all of my other devices and was waiting until they came out with one for the Note.

Well they did last week. I went down to my local vender and had them install the screen protector and GA full body armor (gun metal gray). Not only does the phone look better but the s-pen and swype issues are 99% gone. 1% of the time, I swype too fast and do skip, but rarely. And even better is, ghost armor does not have that orange peel look/feel to it, so the display is back to the original crispness.

So needless to say, if you want a screen protector that does not cost $40 and works and looks great, go with ghost armor!!!

Reactions: Talderon
Is it possible that your experience with Zagg might have been due to the way it was applied? Maybe it was not applied properly?

Just curious because I've heard good and bad about Zagg in the past (re: the Note and other devices) and while I'm a "naked phone" kind of guy anyway, I'd still like to know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Ryan

If I had not scratched my 1st Note, I would still have a naked screen, but that scratch changed my outlook, that is a lot of glass to scratch :D

The Dry Zagg can be removed and reapplied (no spray to apply), after a month of having that issue, I did remove and re-install it just in case. Issue was still there so I thought it was just a screen protector issue.

Then when I found GA was available for the note, having used it on other devices, I wanted to give it a shot and that is when I found that the issue was the Zagg protector. Was it because of the "orange peel" texture, not sure. Don't get me wrong, it was great except for the skipping swype and s-pen non uniform line issue, but that is enough that I almost went naked.

Reactions: ryandelman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones