• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZenEXP 0.9.7

It has to be something specific to your method or phone. I have been running this ROM for a few days with zero battery or phone dialer issues. I'm not sure exactly what would cause it however.

I would nandroid and then flash something from Fresh (OEM Feel to it with Sense UI) and see if you still have the lag.

Upvote 0
00h2itr,

I had been trying the odex version of the rom. I decided to give it one last try and flash the deodex version. Success. All appears to be working smoothly. No dialer lag to be found. The last hurdle is bluetooth connectivity in my car. (haven't tried it yet, maybe tomorrow)

One question though, how do I enable SetCpu to clock at any speed greater than the 691 defaullt found in the rom?

Thanks for all the assistance. It was very much apprecitated.

Cheers

Upvote 0
00h2itr,

I had been trying the odex version of the rom. I decided to give it one last try and flash the deodex version. Success. All appears to be working smoothly. No dialer lag to be found. The last hurdle is bluetooth connectivity in my car. (haven't tried it yet, maybe tomorrow)

One question though, how do I enable SetCpu to clock at any speed greater than the 691 defaullt found in the rom?

Thanks for all the assistance. It was very much apprecitated.

Cheers
You will need to flash an OC kernel. There may be one listed in the Zen updates or extras..look in your app drawer. (I'm not curently using a Zen rom to check) If not, try this Kernels for a good thread with lots of info on OC kernels.

Upvote 0
New rooter here, i tried to download zen but it says not enough space. My ? Is do i wipe everything to make room or old ROM and everything (2.1) related? Thx for everyones help u guys have been a huge help for this noobie!!!

You can delete the previous rom that you downloaded. After it is installed, you don't have any need for it. If you are worried that you will loose something you might need, just copy all of the files from your SD card to a new folder on your computer. That way you will have everything, should you need it again. Then you can delete anything you want to make enough space for the download.

Upvote 0
You can delete the previous rom that you downloaded. After it is installed, you don't have any need for it. If you are worried that you will loose something you might need, just copy all of the files from your SD card to a new folder on your computer. That way you will have everything, should you need it again. Then you can delete anything you want to make enough space for the download.

I wiped it to factory reset and tried again and still days insufficient memory?

Upvote 0
I wiped it to factory reset and tried again and still days insufficient memory?

i had to take everything off my SD card before it would allow me to download it. i.e. pictures, movies, unused app folders containing unused items.

looking for a bigger micro sd card now. =)

A couple of questions:
1. Under Zen Updater, which do i download?
a. Stock 2.6.29 Kernel?
b. Zen #2 0.9.7.1 Kernel

2. How do i get these i-phone-ish boxes around my apps to go away? (i previously did this for the older ZenExp don't know where to find it now)

btw, loving this rom. Honestly, i would NOT jump ship to the EVO because rooting this phone with this rom makes the phone actually worth while.

Upvote 0
Can anyone get into the MEID screen with ZenEXP-0.9.7? I'm trying to activate a replacement phone.

The manual method Sprint gives me doesn't work (##XXXXXX# - change settings). Do I need to unroot my phone first?

Thanks,
D6E
Because ZenEXP is ported from a NON Sprint and NON CDMA carrier (T-Mobile) you will not likely be able to do this. I suggest you make a nandroid backup, then flash a Sprint rom, ex Fresh...Then activate it, then restore from your nandroid.

Upvote 0
i had to take everything off my SD card before it would allow me to download it. i.e. pictures, movies, unused app folders containing unused items.

looking for a bigger micro sd card now. =)

A couple of questions:
1. Under Zen Updater, which do i download?
a. Stock 2.6.29 Kernel?
b. Zen #2 0.9.7.1 Kernel

2. How do i get these i-phone-ish boxes around my apps to go away? (i previously did this for the older ZenExp don't know where to find it now)

btw, loving this rom. Honestly, i would NOT jump ship to the EVO because rooting this phone with this rom makes the phone actually worth while.

I installed and tried the kenels on 2 diff Zen roms, I like the Zen one but I flashed back to an install with out any kernel and my batt seems to last longer and it still real smooth.

about the Iphone boxs under the themes when you do a scan for updates it will show up an optiion to download and remove it there.

Upvote 0
i have gotten mine setup smoothly as well. only questions i have is where is sprint nfl and sprint tv. i have not removed them. also my phone reboots and random times. esp when i get multiple texts or multitasking. fresh never did this but i do like the way this rom looks.

There are no Sprint apps at all in this rom because it is a ported T-Mobile rom for the Mytouch 3g slide. As for reboots, I'm assuming you are running with jit enabled? I've never had a reboot on this rom but running jit on Sense-based roms seems to cause conflicts and reboots regardless...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones