• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zenithink ZT-180 1GHz 10" tablet

Well, Hi!

Newbie question timez!
I'm a student and considering to buy this tablet from androidtime.com, I havent read any reviews but one in this topic, is there anyone else who has experience with androidtime?

Also, after reading through 13 pages it is still not clear to me whether it would fit my requirements.
- I want to use it for browsing and taking notes at school, maybe some social networking through messenger or skype.
- Besides that I also want to use the video option, for xvids, avis, and mkvs. I havent found any documentation whether the tablet supports matroshka(720, and maybe 1080), so if anyone here could help me out right there, that would be useful :D

thanks so much!

Greetings from the Netherlands! :D

Upvote 0
Well, Hi!

Newbie question timez!
I'm a student and considering to buy this tablet from androidtime.com, I havent read any reviews but one in this topic, is there anyone else who has experience with androidtime?

Also, after reading through 13 pages it is still not clear to me whether it would fit my requirements.
- I want to use it for browsing and taking notes at school, maybe some social networking through messenger or skype.
- Besides that I also want to use the video option, for xvids, avis, and mkvs. I havent found any documentation whether the tablet supports matroshka(720, and maybe 1080), so if anyone here could help me out right there, that would be useful :D

thanks so much!

Greetings from the Netherlands! :D

1. a. Yes you can browsing with wifi or lan connection, 3G/EVDO usb stick can be an option but in my country (indonesia) it`s hard to find the usb stick that match with ZT-180..(only support several modem for now)
b. Yes, you can taking notes or paints or everything you like with software called Note Everything, it`s usefull!
c. Yes, you can chat with yahoo messenger, but skype i`m not try it yet

2. Yes! the tablet can play video with 3gp,flv,mkv,avi,etc.. i am use ccplayer, mplayer and wuzhenhua player.
note: flv extension only played very good at wuzhenhua player...

i'm sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand..cheers..:D

Upvote 0
I have only tested it with one Blu-ray rip that I made. I made several versions (using FFMPEG), and tried them on the ZT-180.

I originally made a 1080 and a 720 version for my netbook, in mp4 format. On the ZT-180 the 1080 version does not play, or is slow and stuttery. The 720 version plays beautifully. I also had different audio tracks in my videos, and found this. The ZT-180 cannot handle 6-channel sound, but it does seem to handle 5.1 sound OK.

Converting the videos to mkv format made no difference. The mkv format is just a container that holds the .mp4 encoded video, so I see no reason to use it. If encoding your own videos, mp4 is sufficient.

Upvote 0
1. a. Yes you can browsing with wifi or lan connection, 3G/EVDO usb stick can be an option but in my country (indonesia) it`s hard to find the usb stick that match with ZT-180..(only support several modem for now)
b. Yes, you can taking notes or paints or everything you like with software called Note Everything, it`s usefull!
c. Yes, you can chat with yahoo messenger, but skype i`m not try it yet

2. Yes! the tablet can play video with 3gp,flv,mkv,avi,etc.. i am use ccplayer, mplayer and wuzhenhua player.
note: flv extension only played very good at wuzhenhua player...

i'm sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand..cheers..:D

Yeah I've been looking up the 3G sticks but I can't find any reliable suppliers for those. Well, your english is perfectly fine, I understand all you say :)
I'll probably buy my tablet today, we'll see how it works out! I'll probably be posting a review of androidtime here after I bought it, since there are barely any good reviews on them, so it's difficult for people to decide where to buy and get good customer service.

So far so good for androidtime, they have the tablet for 195,90, +16gb microsd + keyboard case for total of 235,90. This excludes shipping costs($29 for DHL shipping [which is one of the fastest shipping methods in the world in my opinion]), which would make it 264,90 in total. If you switch to euros, its 199,14

Upvote 0
I got a zt-180 via androidtime.com (with androitime10, you get $10 off), and Martin has been really nice, my first ePad was DOA and it was replaced immediately, living in Cleveland, Ohio, I didnt know that DHL was fast, my ePad (both times) arrived within 2 days of ordering/replaced. In fact, I was about to order another tablet with Martin but he told me to wait, as for what I use it for, it may not be 100% good (he suggested me to wait for new tablets, which seldom see that with any sellers).

A bit of background on what I do, I produce/direct/edit video commercial/shorts/features/web etc with a lot involvement in social media marketing, publicity and marketing, and the ePad or any tablet would fit into my profession as a way to demonstrate the clips I make and also to quickly do a proposal demonstration (powerpoint, etc).

I also do a lot of nonprofit work and spoke at many events, the tablet would be used as a 'cheat sheet' :)

Because of my profession, I need to be in the 'top' of the gadget (I build my own video editing suits that all are both pc/mac dual boot). Because of the persception people/clients has, if I need to show that I know what the market trend is, I need to be there up and about...

So, does zt-180 works for me? sort of, it's slow when it's using wifi, I did the mod already for the antenna and it helps but it's also annoying that after 2 mins of coming back from sleep (dim mode), it will just disconnect me,

Using applications like viewing PDF, DOC, PowerPoint, Pictures, videos, the ePad (zt-180) is decent, not as 'fast' as the iPad in moving around or all the bell and whistle the iPad has, but it does the job.

Video performance, I've shot several videos using my iPhone 4 (which shoots at 720 HD), and it plays flawlesly, I've converted all my films to h.264 1280x720 size and it plays really well, I haven't try 1980x1280 yet but I bet it will be sluggish.

As for the microSD card, I got a 16gb Class 6 (which has fast throughput), I just found out there are Class 10 now, which should work better but since the MicroSD slot is broken (it doesnt keep my card firm inside, it keeps poping it out), I had it 'forced' into the slot so it's no longer replaceable unless I open the case and remove it. lol

Overall it does what it claim to do (in a slower manner, no multi-touch though), and if you keep taskkilling all the apps that isn't running in the background, then it would run very smoothly.

Shout out to all the people on this board that helped me a few weeks ago when I first got my zt-180, they have been really nice and helpful, thank you!

Johnny

Upvote 0
hy i found this seller on internet: and i was wondering whether to buy or not, but my first question is
1) dual core zt 180? never heard or does it exist?
2) hdmi output for tv? how cna he prove? maybe with a photo of the device?
3) 3g support: it says huawey supported, i can find huavei e122 3g modem, but it is not cdma but only umts hspda for europe and sout america, i would like to know if it works.

zT-180 Dual core 1GMHZ Android 2.1 UMPC with WIFI, external 3G, HDMI, Tablet PC

i post the link
Wholesale-10'' mini laptop ZT 180 Dual core 1GMHZ Android 2.1 UMPC with WIFI, external 3G, HDMI, Tablet PC

thnks :)

Upvote 0
hy i found this seller on internet: and i was wondering whether to buy or not, but my first question is
1) dual core zt 180? never heard or does it exist?
2) hdmi output for tv? how cna he prove? maybe with a photo of the device?
3) 3g support: it says huawey supported, i can find huavei e122 3g modem, but it is not cdma but only umts hspda for europe and sout america, i would like to know if it works.

zT-180 Dual core 1GMHZ Android 2.1 UMPC with WIFI, external 3G, HDMI, Tablet PC

i post the link
Wholesale-10'' mini laptop ZT 180 Dual core 1GMHZ Android 2.1 UMPC with WIFI, external 3G, HDMI, Tablet PC

thnks :)

Dual core as in ZT-180/ARM11 + GC600 DSP ? But he's wrong on HDMI... but the price is really reasonable...

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I have been looking into the DC charger, and is there anyone who can measure the DC in size for me? As in the plug its size I mean with that. I have read that the specs for a charger should be 9V and 2A or 2000mA, but I'd like to know the exact size of the plug, so I can order a car charger.

Is it one of these?

W1 - 5.5mm - 2.5mm
W3 - 3.5mm mono
W5 - 3.5mm - 1.4mm
W7- 2.4mm - 0.7mm
W9 - 4.0mm - 1.7mm
W14 - 5.0mm - 1.0mm

thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I have been looking into the DC charger, and is there anyone who can measure the DC in size for me? As in the plug its size I mean with that. I have read that the specs for a charger should be 9V and 2A or 2000mA, but I'd like to know the exact size of the plug, so I can order a car charger.

Is it one of these?

W1 - 5.5mm - 2.5mm
W3 - 3.5mm mono
W5 - 3.5mm - 1.4mm
W7- 2.4mm - 0.7mm
W9 - 4.0mm - 1.7mm
W14 - 5.0mm - 1.0mm

thanks!
If you are looking at the standard pins, like those discribed HERE, this doesn't seem to match the standard pin sizes. Here is the size:

OD = 4mm/.1575 inch
ID = 1 mm pin (approximate)

The chargers that I got came from portable DVD players. Maybe that would be a good place to start. I actually got a wall charger and an auto charger, but the auto charger is 12VDC, so I won't even try it. I am assuming that the DVD player that it was from is capable of 9 and 12 volt inputs. I don't believe that the ZT-180 can handle a 12 volt input.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Is it one of these?

W1 - 5.5mm - 2.5mm
W3 - 3.5mm mono
W5 - 3.5mm - 1.4mm
W7- 2.4mm - 0.7mm
W9 - 4.0mm - 1.7mm
W14 - 5.0mm - 1.0mm

thanks!

I believe it's actually this Standardized plug

EIAJ-03 which is 4.75mm x 1.7mm

and it does seem pretty standard as id also the one on a couple of my kids portable DVD players, and old cell phone adapter, and my tablets.

Upvote 0
I believe it's actually this Standardized plug

EIAJ-03 which is 4.75mm x 1.7mm
Are you positive of this? Did you measure it with a micrometer or a calipers?

Since I did not get a power supply with mine, I can't measure the original. What I can measure are the ones that I have to replace the missing power supply. It is 4mm, not 4.75 mm. I don't have a 4.75mm plug that I can test, and I can't accurately measure the inside pin, but with a ruler it looks like 1.5mm.

EDIT: I found a 4.75mm plug, and it does not fit in the ZT-180.

Upvote 0

Since I did not get a power supply with mine, I can't measure the original. What I can measure are the ones that I have to replace the missing power supply. It is 4mm, not 4.75 mm. I don't have a 4.75mm plug that I can test, and I can't accurately measure the inside pin, but with a ruler it looks like 1.5mm.

No don't have calipers, just a ruler, and by that and magnifying glasses I would call it 4x1.5 also... The jack to plug into is 5mm wide with spring connector that grabs the plug body so either what I measure with a ruler Or the actual standardized plug would do the trick...

The important thing is voltage showing 9 to 10v DC, Center pin positive... and of course that the adapter is capable of 2000mAh power rating... which you wouldn't think to be a problem in an auto cig pwr adapter But as this is stepping down to ~9v the regulator in the adapter has to be able to handle the current... Most 12v auto adapters tend to cheap out and be straight thru no regulator which is close enough for most 12v needs but 9v get 13.6 from an alternator could easily be too much...

Upvote 0

EDIT: I found a 4.75mm plug, and it does not fit in the ZT-180.

I have read that the EKEN M001 has a 4mm x 1,7mm plug, so I was actually wondering whether this one was the same.

@waterhead, is the plug to long, too short, too wide, too small?

Upvote 0
I have read that the EKEN M001 has a 4mm x 1,7mm plug, so I was actually wondering whether this one was the same.
Not sure, the center pin could be a bit loose and not make good contact. what is important, as jtbnet has already said, is to be sure that the volts and amps are correct. Overvoltage could be bad, but so could be amperage that is too far out of line.

Why not just get an inexpensive auto power inverter. You can then just use the regular power supply. I have one of these that I use for a netbook:

http://www.amazon.com/Vector-VEC1040-Modified-Pocket-Inverter/dp/B000FCP1DE

I got it at a local store, not Amazon.

@waterhead, is the plug to long, too short, too wide, too small?
The 4.75mm diameter is too big.

Reactions: jtbnet
Upvote 0
Why not just get an inexpensive auto power inverter. You can then just use the regular power supply. I have one of these that I use for a netbook:

Amazon.com: Vector VEC1040/1040A 100W Modified Sine Wave Pocket Power Inverter: Automotive

I got it at a local store, not Amazon.

The 4.75mm diameter is too big.

You made me look! And the 'others also bought' caught my eye;

Amazon.com: Stanley PC1A09 100 Watt Power Inverter with USB Power Outlet: Automotive

Just ordered one of these for me as I always have a Auto to USB pwr adapter plugged in for my Moto Droid and this would handle both the phone and tablet or netbook.

THANX!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I'm a grandad who is trying to keep up with the G/children, they have iPads which I can't afford !!!, whilst browsing around the net I came on your website so I thought I would ask the experts.
Which of the 10" tablets on the market is the best ???, hmmm not an easy question I suppose, my own uses are photgraphy, the net, drawing and painting via a Wacom tablet.
How many of my interests are compatible with these tablets I havn't a clue, so could some kind person point me in the correct direction please.
thanks,
Norman

Norman, I would think if you are used to a wacom tablet, (I have one the wife uses) then I would might to replace it buy one of these. The concept is fantastic, there are too many things you have to do dial these things in. If you run across a bad one, it can be infuriating at the least (hence the length of the forum). No real warranty back up. No repair back up and hit and miss applications.

I am buying one just for those reason. The challenge. I want to be able to plug it in to the car, run gps, play a movie and surf the web. I can do it with my Droid X, so why can't I do this with a little tinkering......

Good luck with your decision.:D

Upvote 0
You made me look! And the 'others also bought' caught my eye;

Amazon.com: Stanley PC1A09 100 Watt Power Inverter with USB Power Outlet: Automotive

Just ordered one of these for me as I always have a Auto to USB pwr adapter plugged in for my Moto Droid and this would handle both the phone and tablet or netbook.

THANX!
You're welcome, but I can't take all of the credit. I actually got the idea from work. They bought our inspector one for his work laptop. I borrowed it once, and loved it. Mine doesn't have the USB port, though.

You probably could have gotten one from a local hardware or home improvement store, maybe for even cheaper (without shipping).

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I have received my tablet from androidtime.com yesterday, and all is basically perfect!:) It runs 0929, but has some issues.

Android market (obviously) is having issues with "download unsuccessful", therefore, tried rooting it with universalandroot, but that didnt work. I think it's because I'm in android 2.1, and universalandroot was made for 1.6?(to be exact, this is the message I get when trying to install universalandroot from my microsd: "Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package" - I can install other stuff though)

I have no issues with flashing it back and forth to 0818 (that one, right?) and installing universalandroot, but my question is, will it remain unrooted when I flash it back?
I also was therefore not able to use adbwireless and RPMScript.

I don't mind flashing or anything, but is it necessary? I can't root it right now, and I think (because of all the stuff I read) it is necessary, but if I flash back to an older version, will the root still be intact when I flash back? Or is it not necessary at all to flash and did I just do something wrong :eek:

I guess since I'm a girl, I'm probably a minority on here, but here goes!

(and yes, I know how to google :cool:)

Upvote 0
Thanks for answers.

For explorer i was asking for an explorer that will run on Windows PC and connect to device.

Also i have installed 1013 firmware. On startup it asks for some actions

Setup Wizard is understandable but what to do with others?

After completing the setup wizard it asks for google account which i skipped but on a lot of locations it agains asks for it? The 0830 which the device comes with was not asking for it. Also there are phone applications on it?? Hot to clean them? And the grey buttom on the right middle of the screen has Browser-Home-Phone buttons on it, there was Browser-Home-Explorer on it. How to replace replace the phone button:)

Upvote 0
Thanks for answers.

For explorer i was asking for an explorer that will run on Windows PC and connect to device.

Also i have installed 1013 firmware. On startup it asks for some actions

Setup Wizard is understandable but what to do with others?

After completing the setup wizard it asks for google account which i skipped but on a lot of locations it agains asks for it? The 0830 which the device comes with was not asking for it. Also there are phone applications on it?? Hot to clean them? And the grey buttom on the right middle of the screen has Browser-Home-Phone buttons on it, there was Browser-Home-Explorer on it. How to replace replace the phone button:)

It wants you to enter you GMail account info, for mail, contacts, calendar, market use... If you don't currently have one then go to email.google.com and get one as they are free...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones