• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zidoo X9 Review - HDMI IN 1080P record (PVR) - USB 3.0

batboy

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2013
Last week I had a opportunity to review media player Zidoo X6 Pro and today I am very glad that I have new player Zidoo X9. Although this model is not newest model it has huge attention for many people today.This model has high build quality because it has powerful hardware, many useful features with main features support for HDMI IN 1080P record (PVR) and USB 3.0.

Unboxing

In the package you will get Zidoo X9 and also you will get remote control, DC charger, HDMI cable and short user manual.

Desing and build

The Zidoo X9 looks PRO than other Android media players because it is completely made of metal. It has HDMI in and HDMI out ports, HDMI in port is for PVR, LAN port and TF card port,also it has 3 USB ports and one of them is USB 3.0.

Performance strong benchmark testing

You can see that the Zidoo X9 has a strong hardware like quad core CPU Mstar MSO9180D1R and GPU Mali-450. It has also 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB storage space which you can upgrade with microSD card up to 32GB. I was watching movies, than I was playing games like GTA. During use everything worked very good without lags. Benchmark scores for Zidoo X9 you can see below.

Software

X9 has Android 4.4.2 which is additionally costumised by Zidoo, that means it has their user interface. The operation system already have KODI and other similar apps. During use there was no problems with OS because it is fast and fluid. I hope only that there will be soon available update to Android 5.0 or maybe 6.0.

KODI

Zidoo X9 HDMI Recording

It is the most important feature of this media player. You can simply connect it to your PC or to any other devices like Xbox 360 with HDMI cable. You can choose desired output file type like MP4 or TS and recording quality and recording duration. After that you will be ready to record,so it has many possible settings in app and everything is working. I think this is helpful for gamers and for Youtube users.

Connectivity

The Zidoo X9 media player has all what you need, with main feature HDMI in port for PVR function and also USB 3.0. You can have stronger Wi-Fi connectivity because it has two external antennas. It has LAN port, 2 USB2.0 ports, micro SD port and USB3.0 port.

Conclusion

Android media player Zidoo X9 is high quality product. It has strong hardware with many features
like HDMI in 1080P, USB3.0, two external Wi-Fi antennas. The price is affordable and it is around $120. If you want more information then you can visit the official website.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones