• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just discovered the Ziggy kernels and I have been using one since last night. It has been working well so far. I haven't been able to find much info about these kernels. What has been your experience with these kernels?

I have seen one annoying thing with this kernel. I have major lock screen lag when I try to unlock the phone. Once the phone is fully awake, it has performed well, but the lock screen lag is driving me crazy! I experience the same thing with the King Kernels. Anyone else have this? Are there some setting I can tweak to prevent this?

Thanks!

I just started using these kernels myself and I don't have any lock screen lag. Which versions are you all using? I also have screen off profiles down to 245mhz with powersave as my governer. Pretty nice kernels though. I am impressed.

I am a dedicated Virtuous Rom user but yesterday I decided to load this kernel with no use of setcpu. So far I am liking how snappy it is, also the SD card now doesn't have any read write speed restrictions like. I just have to determine how well it will compare in terms of battery use compared to the factory 2.6.32.17 kernel. I am not experiencing any lock screen lag either but I am running the sense version 2.6.32.25 dated 11-04-2010 with Virtuous 3.1.0 ROM.

Upvote 0
battery_ziggy.jpg

I am using: Downloads that kernel overclocked at 1113mhz with a few different SetCPU profiles.

I would say that's pretty good. My usage was game playing, internet surfing and texting.

Upvote 0
I ran this kernel on my DInc for a few days and just decided to switch back to the newest HTC stock kernel 2.6.32.17. While the Ziggy kernel is quite exceptional on battery and has a fast feel (I want to emphasize feel only), when it is in screen off it often wen deaf for me missing out due to delayed background info. I don't feel the added battery life is a worthy compromise since the newest stock kernel is a whole lot better on battery also. The only thing I don't like about the stock kernel is the slower read from the sd card.

Upvote 0
I installed Ziggy's kernal on my EVO runing Warm Release 4. It will overclock to 1190.4. I unchecked SetCPU to autoload on boot, its a good thing, because the max over clock caused reboots ever time. I have SetCPU to max at 1113.6 Mhz and it is running fine.

The Quadrant scores were 1178 on the stock ROM. I'm seeing 1450 to 1550 on Ziggy's kernal. My last run was 1504. It is really fast! I'll check out battery life and make sure all my tools work. Really is fast. My base numbers on Quadrant were faster than the stock ROM without any over clocking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones