• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help zte going postal

A

Android Question

HELP. zten800,4.1.2 can't type words, screen won't sit still
,rebooted numerous times, checked everything. now,, have small video on screen, wont go away. pops out of nowhere. rooted 2 months ago, worked fine, now thisPLEASE HELP doreena
o

Hi, D if you don't mind me using that for short. Just unroot your phone and hoping you didn't remove any systems bloatware. Because in some cases the removal of any systems bloatware can cause some instability within the device.
1) Unroot your device
2) Uninstall the root program and SU if it's installed.
3) See if that fixed the issue, if not go to 4.
4) Do a factory reset of the device and if it goes through. You will be prompt to sign in with your Google account.
5) After that's done you will be prompt to install various Google products. Meanly Google Play Store and Google Services.
6) Pick the ones you want reinstalled and let the device update itself with a Wifi connection if possible because reinstalling all of those apps is going to take up alot of data. If you choose to go that route let me know how it turns out. "Good Luck"

Upvote 0
HELP. zten800,4.1.2 can't type words, screen won't sit still
,rebooted numerous times, checked everything. now,, have small video on screen, wont go away. pops out of nowhere. rooted 2 months ago, worked fine, now thisPLEASE HELP doreena

If you can't get to type anything do a Hard Reset first then do the rest I posted Starting from #1).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones