• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help “Network May Be Monitored by an Unknown Third Party” - block notification

K

krisONE

Hello

I am not sure if this was specifically asked before but I am wondering if there was a way to suspend the notification that I keep getting on my S6 that is now running 6.0.1

"network may be monitored by unknown third party"

I know why I get this message, as we use our own CA cert in our MDM profile. Solutions online talk about rooting the phone to add the cert to the system certs, using another CA cert that is bought online. We can't root company issued phones and we want to stick to using our own cert. I also dont want to root all 20+ Androids we have. This wasn't a big issue until the new OS started being available on our devices. In the past we would get the pop up when we power cycled the phone but now it appears at random, numerous times a day.

So my question is, is this particular notification tied to specific service on the phone? I noticed that i can block notifications from specific services so i am wanting to know what service this maybe tied to so that i just disable notifications for it. (this could prevent legit notices from coming up but it might be worth it still)

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones