• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [02/Nov/2011] Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread (Swiftdroid) CM 7.1 For LG GT540 [New Method]

Anyone to help with the speaker/caller problems? its total silence when I make a call unless I put it on handsfree speakers.

Any ideas pls.

edit: problem resolved. How? very strange I'd say. The phone for some reason assumed that I had an earphone plugged so obviously I couldn't hear nada. lol and it took me a while to figure this out. So I plugged in the earphone, played some sound and then removed it. voila. all is fine.

Upvote 0
Hi friends, I follow the entire method by the book and it worked, but, when I installed the fastboot a message apeared indicating that it couldn't register to the 3g network. Then I finished the tutorial and still didn't have any 3G, just EDGE. Before this the phone worked perfectly in HDSPA, my phone is a LG GT540g from Movistar in Venezuela, please any help for fixing this would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Upvote 0
Hi friends, I follow the entire method by the book and it worked, but, when I installed the fastboot a message apeared indicating that it couldn't register to the 3g network. Then I finished the tutorial and still didn't have any 3G, just EDGE. Before this the phone worked perfectly in HDSPA, my phone is a LG GT540g from Movistar in Venezuela, please any help for fixing this would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

I would go to Settings, Wireless and networks, Mobile networks and under GSM/UMTS Network Preferances check that "GSM/WCDMA (WCDMA prefered)" is selected.

Then I would go to (still in mobile network settings) "Access point names" and check they are right for your carrier, you will beable to get the settings from your carrier, They should be posted on the website, if not you can give them a call and they should beable to tell you them.

i cant use my bluetooth device anymore i had 2.3.5 and it did work now im on 2.3.7 and now doesnt work at all :(

I am not aware of 2.3.7 breaking BT, perhaps a reflash is in order, the update could have damaged the BT drivers.

Upvote 0
This could be the reason, i'm not too sure on the spectrums used for 3G, but it would be a good explination as to why you cant get 3G Juan2308.

Did id 3G work before you updated?

Excuse me Delsus, for responding late, but was investigating about your comment, and you are right 3G running on 1900. But the phone was functioning without problem until, before the update.

Maybe the option that i have is downgrade the software, to take advantage of the mobile

Upvote 0
I would go to Settings, Wireless and networks, Mobile networks and under GSM/UMTS Network Preferances check that "GSM/WCDMA (WCDMA prefered)" is selected.

Then I would go to (still in mobile network settings) "Access point names" and check they are right for your carrier, you will beable to get the settings from your carrier, They should be posted on the website, if not you can give them a call and they should beable to tell you them.

I am not aware of 2.3.7 breaking BT, perhaps a reflash is in order, the update could have damaged the BT drivers.

I'm having a similar problem. My bluetooth device connects to the phone, and I can dial, but I can not hear anything from the call.
I do hear other things from the phone such as "speak now".

Does anyone knows what I should do?

I have installed all drivers twice (including the rom) and it did not help.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,

First of all I would "Congratulate" for giving such a pretty good - 'Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread SwiftDroid v2 RC5' rom. But one thing I have noticed in this rom is that after 2 days of using this rom suddenly when I tried to connect my phone to my pc through USB cable I noticed that there was sudden CRASH of this rom and it restarted everytime when I try to connect through USB cable.
Please it would be great help if there are fix for this rom in the future builds. I hope so, and thanks once again for giving such good rom for the GT540 phone.

Upvote 0
I'm also having this problem, is there any known fix for this issue?

I have the same problem and got after upgrade "error while searching for networks" after manual search instate the network list around me. At the moment my LG540 is in my preferred network, but on travel in roaming I am sure to have the essential need of that. Is there any solution visible in the next time?
Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
In general it was a good procedure to upgrade the GT540. There are some strange points to share with you:
1. Until upgrade to android 2.3.7 everyhing was perfect and completed without error. At 2.3.7 step it said that install completed successfully but it was again at the backlevel.
2. When I rebooted the phone with SIM card plugged, now the language was changed tot Turkish automatically. That was what I wanted to see and the speed was faster than my original 2.1. However in the languages there were no Turkish option.
Should I missed someting to upgrade 2.3.7?

Upvote 0
I have brick my phone
When i started phone it comes

(blue errror Handler)arm11 is crashed
(press volume down button )reboot &save log
Press volume down
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
linux kernel panic
Process init (pid :1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
PC:yaffs_add0bjectodirectory+0x8c/0x10
LR:yaffs_removeOblectFrom directory +0x6c
pc:[<801509d4>] Ir: [<80150944>]
psr:40000013 sp:8d5c3d00
ip:8d5c3ce0 fp:8d5c3d14
r10:0000000 r9:8c96f8b8
r8: 0000037 r7:0000718
r6: 0000000 r5:8c9e883c
r2: 8c21ab98 r3:8c9e88a4
r0: 8c9e8174
-------------------(call stack>-------------------------------------------
[<8d5c3d14>]yaffs_Addobjecttodirectory+
[<8d5c3ddc>]yaffs_gutsinitialise+0x0/0x
[<8d5c3e5c>]yaffs_internal_read_super+0
[<8d5c3e6c>]yaffs2_internal_read_super_
[<8d5c3eb4>]get_sb_bdev+0x0/0x0/0x16c
[<8d5c3ecc>]yaffs2_read_super_+0x0/0x30
[<8d5c3efc>]vfs_kern_mount+0x0/0xa4
[<8d5c3f24>]do_kern_mount+0x0/0xd8
[<8d5c3f6c>]do_mount+0x0/0x824
[<8d5c3fa4>]sys_mount+0x0/xdc

When i press volume down button it reboot and again return to bricked phone message.now only part of my phone which is working is download mode .please help me ,please ,please

Upvote 0
I have brick my phone
When i started phone it comes

(blue errror Handler)arm11 is crashed
(press volume down button )reboot &save log
Press volume down
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
linux kernel panic
Process init (pid :1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
PC:yaffs_add0bjectodirectory+0x8c/0x10
LR:yaffs_removeOblectFrom directory +0x6c
pc:[<801509d4>] Ir: [<80150944>]
psr:40000013 sp:8d5c3d00
ip:8d5c3ce0 fp:8d5c3d14
r10:0000000 r9:8c96f8b8
r8: 0000037 r7:0000718
r6: 0000000 r5:8c9e883c
r2: 8c21ab98 r3:8c9e88a4
r0: 8c9e8174
-------------------(call stack>-------------------------------------------
[<8d5c3d14>]yaffs_Addobjecttodirectory+
[<8d5c3ddc>]yaffs_gutsinitialise+0x0/0x
[<8d5c3e5c>]yaffs_internal_read_super+0
[<8d5c3e6c>]yaffs2_internal_read_super_
[<8d5c3eb4>]get_sb_bdev+0x0/0x0/0x16c
[<8d5c3ecc>]yaffs2_read_super_+0x0/0x30
[<8d5c3efc>]vfs_kern_mount+0x0/0xa4
[<8d5c3f24>]do_kern_mount+0x0/0xd8
[<8d5c3f6c>]do_mount+0x0/0x824
[<8d5c3fa4>]sys_mount+0x0/xdc

When i press volume down button it reboot and again return to bricked phone message.now only part of my phone which is working is download mode .please help me ,please ,please

Sorry about the late reply, I got a similar brick because my partitions were incorrect when I was restoring a nandroid backup.

Check if you can get into fastboot, and use Mur4ik's bootloader builder to set 150MB system partition for GB, then try to flash again (this is only if you have access to fastboot.)

If you can only get to download mode, your only option is to flash 2.1 with fastboot through KDZ, then flash GB again however if you have resized partitions it could cause more problems because I am not sure on the 2.1 size (it is LG's 2.1 afterall)

the KDZ could have a MBN file in (used to resize partitions) and it could flash a new bootloader with the right sizes but I am not certain (never decompiled a KDZ myself)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones