• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$100(yes I wrote this)

I turned with a start and saw a guy I used to work with as a security guard. “Remember me?” He still had his jagged teeth that made him look like he chews rocks but he had gotten so thin since the last time I had seen him. When I worked with him, he was fresh out of the army and had been a little buff from being a mortar and he lifted weights right there at the guard shack. Strategically, I covered a certain part of the floor with my foot as I got my phone off my belt to silence it. It looked like a sales call anyway and I made small talk with dude who’s name I still don’t remember.
We concluded the banter and reverie and it became safe for me to get back to what I was doing. I moved like a ninja and in a flash it was safe in my front pocket. I looked both ways and determined I was not seen procuring my booty. I collected the hash and paid for my stuff at the automotive counter, because I always park there so I can get in and out quickly. In the protected cocoon of my van I pulled the bill out to inspect it. I was the proud owner of about sixty percent of the bill. The rest had been torn off and there was just enough to fold over at the middle making it look and feel whole. “Oh, for the sake of Pete’s dragon!” I didn’t say that in my head. If I would have been standing rather than sitting in my vehicle, I may have jumped up and down like a cartoon. What a bummer. Still fuming, I flipped it over and saw the writing. With a Sharpie, someone had written “Want the rest? Text!” and then a number.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
A U.S. bill must have at least 1 and one half of the 2 serial numbers to still be considered legal tender. So, more than 1/4 of the bill missing (on one side) will make it no longer viable.
When it comes to mutilated money- not just torn or missing but severely damaged most banks/treasuries will require at least 50% of the bill intact and a good reason for the bills condition. Most mutilated money will need to be thoroughly inspected by a representative of the treasury and it will be left to their discretion.

Upvote 0
I found a $100 bill once. I was on a work detail in the Air Force cleaning out a wooded section of the base. I saw a tip of the bill sticking out of the leaves and when I dug through the pile, there was the bill. Someone else on the detail found the corner of $100 bill, but I was the only lucky one that day. The Sargent in charge of the detail made a copy of the bill, but I got to keep it.

A couple of music CD's , a few odds and ends, and a really nice meal and I was really happy with my find...

Upvote 0
Wish I had that kind of money to pull games like this off.

Games like what? Question withdrawn! It didn't occur to me you were talking about person that placed the hundred since I write games for Android and review them for my blog.

LOL!!! part 3

Part three isn't published ANYWHERE..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones