16 gb sdhc cards $20.00

Last Updated:

1. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to pass along the heads up. There are 16gb micro SD cards going for around $20 or less almost every minute on Ebay. These seems to be shipping from Hong Kong, but the shipping is free. I haven't won a bid yet, because I'm cheap and only want to spend $15, but I will get one soon. Anyway, hope that helps some of you.

WARNING: Read the rest of the thread. It is really an Ebay scam.

Advertisement
  2. chuhsi

chuhsi Well-Known Member

are they super slow cards?

3. jwpilly

Yes, they are all class 2. I just won one for $12.50, so I'd pay that for cheap extra storage.

4. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

beware of fake sandisk micro sd cards...yes they do exist

5. dkokkos

dkokkos Well-Known Member

yes they do exist and ebay is full of them... something like that i prefer big online stores or just to walk into a store...

6. MindTrainer

MindTrainer Active Member

BEWARE there have been quite a few scams on eBay selling memory that is mislabeled and bogus (mostly from China). A common indicator is that a seller will sell a huge amount only minutes apart for a week or so and when the negative feed-backs start rolling in they pack-up and walk away. Another indicator is seller has a small feedback number and when you look at the items sold they are many cheap items usually sold to a few buyers.

7. jwpilly

Thanks for all the info guys. The seller I bought from seems legit. He/she has about 1,500 sells over the last year and only 5 negative responses. I only looked at one and it was a complaint about communication not the product. Also, about a third, maybe a fourth, of the 1,500 items reviewed were flash memory. When I get my card I will test its memory capacity and its compatibility with my phone. If it all works out I will update you all with the sellers name. Fingers crossed.

8. Nucleartx

Nucleartx Well-Known Member

The seller I bought from was "legit" until his profile was deleted 2 days before I got my shipment. It said 16GB and showed 15.4 GB free on the card. It wasn't until I started copying files did I find out it was a fake, 1GB class 2. I got my money back as Paypal froze his account before he could get it transfered out. The last 2 or 3 days, alot of negatives showed up on his feedback. I went ahead and purchased a 16GB Class 6 from newegg for $45 and it works great. Stick with a reliable source for something so easy to counterfeit.

dkokkos likes this.
  9. dkokkos

dkokkos Well-Known Member

exactly that is my point... I wouldn't buy memory cards from ebay not even for a dollar....

10. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member

If you use common sense and buy from powersellers that have been on there a long time, you won't have any issues. Although, it's highly unlikely you'll find powersellers selling the cheapies.....

Also follow the old adage, if it's too good to be true....................

11. jwpilly

Okay, +1 to the guys who were warning people to stay away from these cards. I got my card today from China; I downloaded software from this site to test it, and sure enough it is fake. The seller had thousands of sells (mostly screen protectors, but also lots of SD cards). He had a 99% rating. However, I think almost all buyers gave him a good rating because when they get their card it will say 16gb on the outside, and it will also say 16gb when the computer reads it. However, it won't be until after they have submitted their reviews that they will start adding files and then realize that it can't hold 16gb. That's how mine was. It showed 16gb on the outside and the computer read that it had 16gb as well, but the special software showed me the truth. Thankfully I have not submitted my review yet and I can warn other buyers. Lesson learned. All-in-all I only paid $12.50 for the card, but being a penny pincher it still stings. *Done eating crow*

12. aclearman037

aclearman037 Active Member

At least Amazon has a return policy... All I gotta say.

13. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

File a claim with paypal/ebay. I did and got my money back for 2 fake Memory stick pro duo cards from China. It's worth a couple of minutes of your time to help put these F***ing guys out of business.

14. dougleppard

dougleppard Well-Known Member

what class of SD card should you get? And where is the best place to buy it?