• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1700 mAh Extended battery duo!!!

True, but not everyone is comfortable going through rooting the phone and then downloading a rom and flashing it on their thunderbolt. It sounded pretty easy but thunderbolt is not that easy to root and not a walk in the park like my samsung captivate used to be when it came to flashing a rom.

I never expect an average user to do what I do with the phone. Neither should you. I don't think its fair to ask a novice user to go out and root their phone to get better battery life.

I'm just gonna say it...if people aren't happy with the battery life, they have 14 days to return it. If someone decides to keep it but then habitually complain about battery life...I certainly don't want to hear it.

If anyone keeps the phone and is willing to root and rom it...that is a viable option. If they don't want to, they don't have to but...

HTC is not going to throw a 2000 mAh battery in this phone. Should've could've would've...they didn't...period.

Reactions: ska.t73
Upvote 0
i'm just gonna say it...if people aren't happy with the battery life, they have 14 days to return it. If someone decides to keep it but then habitually complain about battery life...i certainly don't want to hear it.

If anyone keeps the phone and is willing to root and rom it...that is a viable option. If they don't want to, they don't have to but...

Htc is not going to throw a 2000 mah battery in this phone. Should've could've would've...they didn't...period.
lol

Upvote 0
HTC has a habit of including smaller battery, its not that they cant do it. They just dont seem to care about bigger batteries. While motorola always throws in bigger batteries in their phones.

Well guys I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered these batteries i will see how it goes. I went by the feedback some of the users here about the seller and previous experience have provided and some reviews on amazon. I hope it lasts, I think the battery was probably designed for my mytouch 4g, but since mytouch 4g has the same battery size as the thunderbolt, they labeled it compatible with thunderbolt as well. That is just my take.

I honestly didn't mind the battery but it lasted me little over half day with moderate use, if these batteries can extend the life by 4 hours I will be very happy, lol.

Upvote 0
If funny everyone puts so much thought into battery life but if you just rooted your phone and made some minor tweaks you'd never think twice about battery life or spending money hoping to get better battery life

Starting to agree with you on this. Just installed my first Rom ever on any cell phone I've ever had last night and battery life seems a whole ton better so far. Buying replacement batteries has moved to the back of my mind for sure.

Upvote 0
HTC has a habit of including smaller battery, its not that they cant do it. They just dont seem to care about bigger batteries. While motorola always throws in bigger batteries in their phones.
Actually, they made a concerted effort to get Thunderbolt users to buy another battery. They made a smaller battery than the EVO for a more powerful phone.

Upvote 0
Starting to agree with you on this. Just installed my first Rom ever on any cell phone I've ever had last night and battery life seems a whole ton better so far. Buying replacement batteries has moved to the back of my mind for sure.

Coming from a rooted Droid I had to try a bunch of different roms and kernals to get it to work right. Especially problems with Wireless Tether. Did the Rom you flashed effect the Mobile Hotspot? Is there one you recommend? Do you use Download Manager? Am I in the correct forum to ask these questions?

Upvote 0
On my 1300 stock Inc battery I was lucky to get 24 hours of up time. When I got the 1800 I went 2 days between charges a lot. My best up time ever was 49 hours on Incredibly Re-Engineered 2.2 (have a screen cap to prove it) with 10% left I have nothing other than my word and the thread I started in the Inc accessories section to prove this. To be honest I don't care if you believe me or not. I posted my experience for people who may be interested in purchasing a product, not for people who want to talk shit and dispute a company they know nothing about. Like I said before in this thread, I could care less if you buy one or not. I have had a great experience with chichitek and his battery in the past and based upon that I expect to continue to have a good experience.

I believe you, especially with the image in the next post... BUT you're phone was rooted. There were many times that I got more than 2 days out of my **stock** Droid Eris battery while I was rooted.

As this conversation has already eluded to - rooting your phone and taking the right steps thereafter will give you much better battery life. An extended battery can only do so much in that regard, but rooting with the right ROM and Kernel will help out much more.

For my TB, I don't plan on rooting anytime soon. Battery life has been enough to get me through the day. If I take it off the charger at 7am, I can last through to 10pm with about 30% battery remaining. Plus, I don't like what I'm hearing in the blogs about how the carriers are potentially flagging all the Rooters.

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
I believe you, especially with the image in the next post... BUT you're phone was rooted. There were many times that I got more than 2 days out of my **stock** Droid Eris battery while I was rooted.

As this conversation has already eluded to - rooting your phone and taking the right steps thereafter will give you much better battery life. An extended battery can only do so much in that regard, but rooting with the right ROM and Kernel will help out much more.

For my TB, I don't plan on rooting anytime soon. Battery life has been enough to get me through the day. If I take it off the charger at 7am, I can last through to 10pm with about 30% battery remaining. Plus, I don't like what I'm hearing in the blogs about how the carriers are potentially flagging all the Rooters.

Yea that all helps, you're right, but I was rooted with the stock battery and still could barely get a full day. I don't want to start another pissing contest, I'm just saying with that battery and my ROM/Kernel combo I had awesome results. Maybe my stock battery was defective, maybe I lucked out and actually got a legit 1800mAh battery, we'll never really know, leave it at that. New battery should be here any day, I'll report back when I've been able to test it properly

Upvote 0
I heard they are sending rooters to jail. It's dangerous business! LOL

Hardy har har... but they can cut your service for breach of contract... no? Probably a long time until that happens, if ever, but yea. AT&T is forcing users to pay for tethering... so obviously they can detect a rooted phone. And now Google and the carriers seem to be requesting the manufacturers to completely lock down the phones... it's only a matter of time.

I'm not against rooting, I'm all for it, and I will eventually root the phone, but I don't have a need for it now.

Back to batteries...

Upvote 0
Oh to the power of freakin MG. Rooting is the shizz for battery. HTC must have assigned a monkey to do idle power optimization. I'm rooted stock, just using setcpu for 245mhz idle stepdown and I'm about to turn my 4g radio back on tomorrow because I'm going 18 hours in the green.

No undervolting, no custom ROM, no custom kernel, and yea, with setcpu set to ondemand, I am seeing a little bit of tolerable sluggishness here and there. But compared to my OC'd D1, I'm still nowhere near that slow and choppy.

I gave it two days before I said anything about battery life post-root, just to be sure I wasn't getting fluke results. Rooting is probably the best thing I've done to my TB so far.

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
Hardy har har... but they can cut your service for breach of contract... no? Probably a long time until that happens, if ever, but yea. AT&T is forcing users to pay for tethering... so obviously they can detect a rooted phone. And now Google and the carriers seem to be requesting the manufacturers to completely lock down the phones... it's only a matter of time.

I'm not against rooting, I'm all for it, and I will eventually root the phone, but I don't have a need for it now.

Back to batteries...

They cant detect whether it is rooted but if you are using a ton of data they just assume you are tethering.

Upvote 0
I heard they are sending rooters to jail. It's dangerous business! LOL

I don't see how making fun of someone who respects the rules and terms of their phone contract is much different than the dorks in 4th grade teasing the kid who didn't want to smoke a cigarette worried his mommy would find out.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing some reviews on these things.

Reactions: jerrad707
Upvote 0
They cant detect whether it is rooted but if you are using a ton of data they just assume you are tethering.

I dont think thats true. According to the new reports that were published there is a way for manufacturers to tell if you are tethering without the plan. I don't know how that is, may be the phone reporting back to the carrier about being used as a hot spot without being on a plan.

Upvote 0
How the heck do you guys contact this guy. His phone number is a magic jack number and I cant get a hold of him. No email, I contacted him through amazon so hopefully he responds. I ordered with the only option available of google checkout when I ordered it. It says I was charged and stuff but on the website It says no orders under my account. I honestly think that he is the only guy running the website and business.

It feels as if he doesn't like you contacting him. Click on the contact page it takes you to another product page.

Does anyone have his direct email?

Upvote 0
How the heck do you guys contact this guy. His phone number is a magic jack number and I cant get a hold of him. No email, I contacted him through amazon so hopefully he responds. I ordered with the only option available of google checkout when I ordered it. It says I was charged and stuff but on the website It says no orders under my account. I honestly think that he is the only guy running the website and business.

It feels as if he doesn't like you contacting him. Click on the contact page it takes you to another product page.

Does anyone have his direct email?

I ordered then checked out through google as well but got an USPS tracking number the next day. However, it should have delivered today and when I track it, it shows that the USPS has not received my package.

Not a good start for my HTC Express experience.

And I also think he's a one man show.

If you ordered through the HTC Express website, use this link to contact him. I found it through a google search. https://www.htcexpress.com/contact-form.php (it worked earlier but I just tested it and his site is down for maintenance.

Also, the email address listed on amazon is chichitek@gmail.com

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I ordered then checked out through google as well but got an USPS tracking number the next day. However, it should have delivered today and when I track it, it shows that the USPS has not received my package.

Not a good start for my HTC Express experience.

And I also think he's a one man show.

If you ordered through the HTC Express website, use this link to contact him. I found it through a google search. https://www.htcexpress.com/contact-form.php (it worked earlier but I just tested it and his site is down for maintenance.

Also, the email address listed on amazon is chichitek@gmail.com

Good luck!

Thanks for the information. I sent him an email through amazon. Hopefully he responses fast. I know other users have good experience with him but I really hate not being able to find contact info on a seller. I think he is a one man doing all this and feels like he wants to avoid frequent questions.

Upvote 0
I just noticed the site is "down for maintenance" as well...And all of a sudden my UPS tracking number isnt working...perhaps it was too good to be true after all?

What are our options as far as gettin this guy if he screws us?

I really doubt that. A lot of users have bought from him before and he has over 1000 amazon feedbacks and 97% positive. Chances of him being a scam are close to none.

Man this thread needs to get to a new page already. It is even too long for a 27 inch screen with a 2560x1440 resolution, lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones