• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] Root/TWRP HELP!!!!

ryanbart

Mar 16, 2014
Hello, I am having issues. I cannot "launch" TWRP. I try to go into it but it just gets stuck on booting. My kindle is rooted as in it has the blue kindle fire screen and then after that just goes into the Default ROM that Amazon has. I cannot launch TWRP. If anyone can help that would be great! (I used KFU) Tried reinstalling but no luck. Maybe I should try the other recovery?

when you see Kindlefire
you should see press power button for menu on screen near power button
you need to press and hold power, should cycle on 3 option
normal, recovery, and reset boot mode
release power button when recovery is selected

notice: verify roms md5 check sum before installing
see my Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums

if you are installing CM11 (KitKat) Twrp needs to be updated to version TWRP 2.6.3.x see my list for updating TWRP options

Upvote 0
I meant if I want to put stuff on my cm mod rooted kf will the drivers download from windows update?
same windows drivers
And if I flash the twrp will it replace the stock rom or run it via the recovery boot option?
no installing twrp does not replace the rom stock or custom.
Android Devices have separate partitions, for Recovery, Bootloader, System, User data and storage
installing Twrp only replaces the stock recovery
installing a custom rom will replace the system (stock rom)

It is always a good idea to create a nandroid backup in Twrp before installing a new rom, if you don't like the new rom you can just restore the nandroid ( in about 10 mins)

Upvote 0
Its giving me a error
Installing twrp...
Sending recovery
FAILED(data treanser failure(Unknown error))
Setting recovery bootmode
FAILED (unknown status code)
Finished.total time 0.002s
Rebooting...
Finished. Total time:1.064s
Please wait...

KINDLE IS STUCK ON BOOT SCREEN WHERE IT SAYS PRESS POWER BUTTON FOR.BOOT MENU. Kfu is stuck on please wait...

Upvote 0
downloading my
Windows 7 drivers file androidfilehost
unzip and copy to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Kindle Fire

then
Start>control panel>Hardware>device manager>
select Kindle> properties>uninstall driver
disconnect usb from kindle, reconnect kindle
select kindle again in device manager, update driver, browse my computer for driver software> select driver folder you downloaded and click next

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones