• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Blade A31 Plus - Help (.img, root, bootloader)?

spyder

Jan 18, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello All,
I recently had my phone break while in Portugal and needed a quick/cheap replacement.
I got the ZTE Blade A31 Plus. It's running Android 11 with Firmware Build#: GEN_EU_EEA_A31Plus_V1.7
I hit a dead end in every attempt to either check bootloader status, unlock(?), root, etc. None of the OneClick methods were effective. I haven't been able to try Magisk as I can't find the boot.img file. Also, I can't find TWRP or CWM recovery that I'm sure is compatible.
Basically, I'm lost at every turn. I'm guessing it's unlocked but checking via ADB fails.

I would REALLY appreciate some help to get moving with this. I'm anxious to get it rooted and hopefully improved performance. Even a push in the right direction would be helpful.

THANKS MUCH

not every phone can be rooted. those one click methods i think work for early versions of android......4 or 5 maybe? they do not work now on the newer phones with higher android os.

there is no dev community for your phone. there is no twrp for your phone.........so why do you want to root the phone? i would not root it even if it is possible. there is no dev community to support the phone. just remember that no devs=no fun.

if you want to root, pick a phone that has a good dev community supporting it.

Upvote 0
not every phone can be rooted. those one click methods i think work for early versions of android......4 or 5 maybe? they do not work now on the newer phones with higher android os.

there is no dev community for your phone. there is no twrp for your phone.........so why do you want to root the phone? i would not root it even if it is possible. there is no dev community to support the phone. just remember that no devs=no fun.

if you want to root, pick a phone that has a good dev community supporting it.
Thank you.
You have a really good point. Honestly, I hadn't even considered as I was going on impulse thinking I could over clock it. It's horribly slow (my daily is a pixel 7, so....).
Any advice to speed it up or smooth things out a bit would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Again

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thank you.
You have a really good point. Honestly, I hadn't even considered as I was going on impulse thinking I could over clock it. It's horribly slow (my daily is a pixel 7, so....).
Any advice to speed it up or smooth things out a bit would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Again
chuck it off a cliff. it should fly faster than it will run.......LOL
200.gif

not much you can do as far as speed goes. it can only go as fast as it's processor can run it.

Reactions: spyder
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones