• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lollypolly

Nov 24, 2022
I have had my oneplus rooted previously by someone else. I accidentally updated my OnePlus Nord ce 2 lite 5g to android 13 without installing magisk to the inactive slot first so when my phone rebooted I had lost root although my bootloader was still unlocked. I've done some research on how to reroot it on my own but for the life of me can't figure out how to get the boot img file for my phone.
Could someone please help me out if they know something about this?

So I just tried again with the oxygen updater app and I downloaded the it's package but ...

Please take care to detail your words. I have no idea what is meant by "the it's package". Did you locate the *payload.bin file (I think it was) for your particular phone to match the OS you have installed? Maybe that's what "the oxygen updater app" does ... If so, you'd have to locate that file to follow the rest of the instructions.

If you have busybox installed on the phone, an "adb shell" from your connected laptop would make the search for the file location rather trivial. In adb shell:
find / -type f -name \*[Pp]ayload.bin 2> /dev/null

Last edited:
Reactions: svim and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Sorry I meant OTA package autocorrect, ok I'll try
Please take care to detail your words. I have no idea what is meant by "the it's package". Did you locate the *payload.bin file (I think it was) for your particular phone to match the OS you have installed? Maybe that's what "the oxygen updater app" does ... If so, you'd have to locate that file to follow the rest of the instructions.

If you have busybox installed on the phone, an "adb shell" from your connected laptop would make the search for the file location rather trivial. In adb shell:
find / -type f -name \*[Pp]ayload.bin 2> /dev/null

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones