2.1 - .6 Issues

Last Updated:

1. ukpup

ukpup New Member This Topic's Starter

I updated to .6 on Sunday and have noticed that two of the HTC widgets are no longer available, Calendar and Bookmarks. Now, I really don't care about the bookmarks, but I used the month view for my Exchange account all the time. I can't seem to find a way to get them back, any ideas?

Thanks,
    pup

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Try updating your profile and check it again and see if it shows up

3. bucketheadmn

bucketheadmn Well-Known Member

I just looked and have both Widgets still available after updating to .6 so something else might be going on.

4. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

go into settings, applications, manage applications, scroll to htc sense and choose clear data and that will reset sense. You will have your widgets back. Keep in mind that it may take doing it twice.

5. ukpup

ukpup New Member This Topic's Starter

Resetting the HTC Sync worked fine. Just for my knowledge, what did I do to cause that?

Thanks for the help all of you!

6. ghotz

ghotz New Member

I just upgraded my Hero to the 2.27.651 version and I'm trying to get it active as a modem for my laptop. Sprint wants $15 a month for this feature! Is there a way to use it as a hot spot or teathered ? In the settings now it says "Internet Sharing" but it is ghosted out. Any ideas?

7. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Download PDAnet or EasyTether from the market. Either one will allow you to tether.

8. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

Do what the previous poster said. Optionally you can root it and get wireless tethering... Remember, the data is still capped at (i believe) 5 GB... so don't abuse or you'll get a huge bill from Sprint!

9. jeremysm1

jeremysm1 Active Member

I've applied the latest patch but want to know if there is any way to now root the phone? Or have a passed the point of no return? In particular, I'm interested in getting my iPad to use the wireless tethering (hotspot) generated from my Sprint HTC Hero...at least that is my thought. Thanks for any feedback.