• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 - .6 Issues

ukpup

Lurker
Jun 8, 2010
I updated to .6 on Sunday and have noticed that two of the HTC widgets are no longer available, Calendar and Bookmarks. Now, I really don't care about the bookmarks, but I used the month view for my Exchange account all the time. I can't seem to find a way to get them back, any ideas?

Thanks,
pup

Try updating your profile and check it again and see if it shows up

I updated to .6 on Sunday and have noticed that two of the HTC widgets are no longer available, Calendar and Bookmarks. Now, I really don't care about the bookmarks, but I used the month view for my Exchange account all the time. I can't seem to find a way to get them back, any ideas?

Thanks,
pup

Upvote 0

Thanks,
pup

I just looked and have both Widgets still available after updating to .6 so something else might be going on.

Upvote 0
I just upgraded my Hero to the 2.27.651 version and I'm trying to get it active as a modem for my laptop. Sprint wants $15 a month for this feature! Is there a way to use it as a hot spot or teathered ? In the settings now it says "Internet Sharing" but it is ghosted out. Any ideas?

Do what the previous poster said. Optionally you can root it and get wireless tethering... Remember, the data is still capped at (i believe) 5 GB... so don't abuse or you'll get a huge bill from Sprint!

Upvote 0
I've applied the latest patch but want to know if there is any way to now root the phone? Or have a passed the point of no return? In particular, I'm interested in getting my iPad to use the wireless tethering (hotspot) generated from my Sprint HTC Hero...at least that is my thought. Thanks for any feedback.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones