• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

underd86

Jan 4, 2010
My Droid is rooted -1-click way

but Ive searched and am at a loss on how to proceed, should i install the droid root helper, do i need to install hard spl or JFv1.42_RC33 to use nandroid.

Ive modded my kids Xbox and PS and psp but i am at loss for this, sorry i cant figure this out. :thinking:

A few questions...
1 - How do you "know" that your DROID is rooted?
2 - What exactly what do you mean by "-1-click way"?
3 - "do i need to install hard spl or JFv1.42_RC33 to use nandroid" <- :thinking: Where the heck did you get that "info"? :thinking:

"Ive modded my kids Xbox and PS and psp" ... so have most other 14-year-olds. :D

All joking aside, I'm here to help. Though I would like you to answer the questions above, then we can go from there. :)

Upvote 0
lol i have two 14 year olds:) wast just saying if i did that i should be able to understand this as well.

Thanks in advance for you help!

#1 in terminal emulater if i type su it retuturns with #
also i installed a overclocking program that says it needs root and it installed and worked

#2 it was one that i changed to update.zip and ran it. i will find later if important

#3 found this a a couple of places when searching

Re: how do i use nandroid?
it looks intimidating, but it's actually pretty easy. you can simply copy and paste the commands into the command prompt window. when you do use nandroid, it makes a complete backup to your sd card. i'll go look for the post and see if iu can simplify it a little.
On Phone
What you need on your phone:
- JesusFreke's RC Mods installed (example JFv1.42_RC33)
- SPL installed (example HardSPL)

Backing up Phone
- Boot into recovery(home+power)
- Press Alt+B to start Nandroid (files are stored on SD card, note: it may be over 100 megabytes)
- Reboot (Home+ Back) this is pretty self explanatory

On Computer
What you need on your computer:
- Fastboot Windows application
- Android USB driver installed . plug your phone in to pc with usb debugging enabled. do not mount the sdcard to the pc!!!(device manager > ADB interface > manually select the folder with the driver) you'll need to download the android sdk from here Redirecting...
extract it anywhere. go to the root of your c drive. make a folder called android. inside the android sdk is a folder called tools. copy all the files from that to the android folder you just created. also, place fastboot.exe into thew android folder.

Find these in your phone's SD card and put them in your computer: place all 3 of these files directly in the android folder you created
- data.img
- system.img
- boot.img

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones