• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.1 Leak Root or rollback status?

i skipped to the final pages, then after posting that whent back and saw.

what i mean is slightly different though. not a thread open to everyone to post. it would get bogged down with all of these other topics.
i mean a thread reserved specifically for the devs to post the status and nothing else.
same result would occur. a big example on the main eris board
http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/52609-threads-about-applications-go-over-here.html
yet people post about applications not pertaining to the eris all the time.

Upvote 0
What are the devs focusing more on? Rolling back or rooting the leak? I think rolling back would be easier to accomplish. I'm new to this but I do have a good background.

What if we get the bootloader files off a 1.5 phone and over write them on our phones then run what ever 1.5 image we can. Just throwing out ideas here.

Reactions: jcase
Upvote 0
What are the devs focusing more on? Rolling back or rooting the leak? I think rolling back would be easier to accomplish. I'm new to this but I do have a good background.

What if we get the bootloader files off a 1.5 phone and over write them on our phones then run what ever 1.5 image we can. Just throwing out ideas here.

AWESOME, let me know when you have this done and working. I, as a dev, would like to announce that Ciggy is the new dev in charge of downgrades. Please direct all questions to him.

Upvote 0
AWESOME, let me know when you have this done and working. I, as a dev, would like to announce that Ciggy is the new dev in charge of downgrades. Please direct all questions to him.

Not only have I not been here a long time but I have watched how you as a dev are treated. People with there reiteration of questions and putting you guys down because you can't accomplish something.

I was merely attempting to help out I would like to start helping you guys out and be a developer but I am just starting out this is my first android phone. However I played around with jail breaking a lot.

Thank you jcase for making this such an easy decision. I will no longer return to these forums for your smart ass remarks. Your obviously a douche bag.

Upvote 0
Not only have I not been here a long time but I have watched how you as a dev are treated. People with there reiteration of questions and putting you guys down because you can't accomplish something.

I was merely attempting to help out I would like to start helping you guys out and be a developer but I am just starting out this is my first android phone. However I played around with jail breaking a lot.

Thank you jcase for making this such an easy decision. I will no longer return to these forums for your smart ass remarks. Your obviously a douche bag.

Man Ciggy, you cant even take 1 smart ass comment? jcase and the other devs have to deal with it every other sec and continue to pump these sick ROMs, updates, etc out. I guess jcase just weeded out the weakest link before it even started.

I myself am not a dev but do help when I can with whoever and have learned you need to have a sense of humor to continue to keep moving fwd.

jcase: You sir are the man! And did you see my post on XDA about getting you a new phone?

Upvote 0
Man Ciggy, you cant even take 1 smart ass comment? jcase and the other devs have to deal with it every other sec and continue to pump these sick ROMs, updates, etc out. I guess jcase just weeded out the weakest link before it even started.

I myself am not a dev but do help when I can with whoever and have learned you need to have a sense of humor to continue to keep moving fwd.

jcase: You sir are the man! And did you see my post on XDA about getting you a new phone?

I've been a part of many online community's and if your not welcome when you first join nothing will change. People tend to have attitudes this way. I didn't complain I was only trying to help out and one person who i looked up to and was planning on learning things from comes out with some dumb ass remark.

I asked the question what are the devs working on... rolling back or rooting the new leak. I would love to assist and start trying methods to root the leak but when you have devs like jcase I'd rather not be involved. God forbid something I do doesnt work correctly he'll have my head.

Upvote 0
Ciggy,
What I just made you officially part of the dev team and your leaving?!? Obviously you are new to me volunteering people. Its a reoccurring theme in the dev world, someone makes comment that has been covered 20 times somewhere, or asks why we haven't done something and I volunteer them as the new lead, and give their name out to the next 300 ppl that ask. Works good.

I am sad to see another dev leave. O well. PS its You're obviously not your. Your implies ownership.

droidkevlar,

Yeah appreciate it, I think I am done with the Eris. Had two more things left, fix 3D (did this last night) and root the leak :)))

jcase

Upvote 0
Ciggy,
What I just made you officially part of the dev team and your leaving?!? Obviously you are new to me volunteering people. Its a reoccurring theme in the dev world, someone makes comment that has been covered 20 times somewhere, or asks why we haven't done something and I volunteer them as the new lead, and give their name out to the next 300 ppl that ask. Works good.

I am sad to see another dev leave. O well. PS its You're obviously not your. Your implies ownership.

droidkevlar,

Yeah appreciate it, I think I am done with the Eris. Had two more things left, fix 3D (did this last night) and root the leak :)))

jcase

Whats with the sarcasm and attitude. If working on the phone and talking with the community isn't what you want to be doing then stop.

But if you enjoy what your doing maybe change your attitude a little and be grateful another person wants to hang with the devs and learn some new things. Couldn't hurt having another set of eyes looking at the work in front of you.

Taking a shot at my grammar is a typical forum troll move. You start an argument the person replies and gets you angry and you pick apart their grammar in their post to feel all warm and squishy inside.

Good luck with the phone you obviously wouldn't like any help.

Reactions: sierrarot328i
Upvote 0

jcase[/quote]

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please don't give up on the Eris. jcase I respect you and ALL of your (notice the correct spelling) hard work! If I had half the brain you did, I would be working on rooting the leak as well, but I'm just a moron that is patiently waiting for VZW to do their official upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones