• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 rooted!

ok so i have a queston about rooting since im not to familiar with the process and results. once i root, what can my phone do? i know i can remove bloatware and load new roms but what else can i do? those are the only 2 i hear about and there must be more to it right? and what is this overclocking i hear about every once in a while?

THX in advance

Well.... I think that most of us root in order to take full advantage of the Android phone's wireless tethering capabilities that are locked by our ISP's. The ISP OS is replaced with a developer's OS, I loaded Fresh 2.1.2 after rooting last night and it seems to work pretty well. Another popular root feature mentioned a lot is the extended battery life and radio signal strength the developers OS's have over Sprint's OS's. I'm sure there are more reasons why people root, but these seem to be pretty popular....:D

Upvote 0
??? The new how to root 2.1 tells you how. In addition, if you read the big FAQ/Guide/Tutorial here, it will tell you as well how to make a nandroid.

Read + Research = Your Friend.....

lol...thanks my man, but I asked for a link to the info, not sarcasm on how to get there. Don't worry, a site-friendly member has already PM'd me my request!

....O.G. CpTHOOK

Upvote 0
lol...thanks my man, but I asked for a link to the info, not sarcasm on how to get there. Don't worry, a site-friendly member has already PM'd me my request!

....O.G. CpTHOOK

lol, almost as if you are imply i am not a "site-friendly member" lol. I think you'll find I am, and will help out as much as I can. My response was not sarcasm, but instead steps on how to find what you were asking. Anyways, not going to de-rail this topic...Glad you got what you asked for.

Upvote 0
i briefly skimmed over the instructions to root the official release...i didnt notice 1 detail that i'm missing..do we upgrade to the new sprint release first THEN follow those steps?

Well, if you are already rooted, then you don't need to run this, but If you are on stock 1.5, then yes, you can either update to 2.1 and follow my guide, OR just root 1.5 with the guides that are out there for 1.5.

Reactions: FdxRider and Kelmar
Upvote 0
Well, if you are already rooted, then you don't need to run this, but If you are on stock 1.5, then yes, you can either update to 2.1 and follow my guide, OR just root 1.5 with the guides that are out there for 1.5.

Sorry man I dont know if its cuz its late or what but I don't get it..I am rooted running fresh 2.1.2 and I want to run the official Sprint 2.1 rooted..what is it I need to do?

Upvote 0
quick question, i gave in and began to root but im only 3 steps and and have a problem, when i copy adb devices in command promtp, something pops up that says adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. but then on the guide, the person says if i did it correctly i should see a serial number but i dont. any help???

Upvote 0
quick question, i gave in and began to root but im only 3 steps and and have a problem, when i copy adb devices in command promtp, something pops up that says adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. but then on the guide, the person says if i did it correctly i should see a serial number but i dont. any help???

Im getting the same error on mine also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones