• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1-- The new Yahoo Mail Problem

If you're not aware of the Yahoo Mail Problem, I've detailed it and my attempts at fixing it here:

The Last Psychiatrist: Most Frustrating Technology of 2010 (so far): Google Android

2.1 update was supposed to fix the problem, and it did, but there's a new one.

For some reason, mail sent from the android via Yahoo mail delivers fine, but in the "Sent" folder of Yahoo Mail it marks the email as having an attachment.

It doesn't have this attachment in the recipient's email box; only in the sender's sent mail box.

The problem is that if you send the email to a .gov address- or to anyone with tighter spam filters, the email gets marked as spam because of the fake attachment that isn't there. I've tested this on a .gov, .mil, and an insurance company's email.

This is certainly trivial in comparison to 45000 copies, but...

Also, has anyone noticed that upon update, it copies multiple emails out of your deleted folder and re-inboxes them?

If you're not aware of the Yahoo Mail Problem, I've detailed it and my attempts at fixing it here:

The Last Psychiatrist: Most Frustrating Technology of 2010 (so far): Google Android

2.1 update was supposed to fix the problem, and it did, but there's a new one.

For some reason, mail sent from the android via Yahoo mail delivers fine, but in the "Sent" folder of Yahoo Mail it marks the email as having an attachment.

It doesn't have this attachment in the recipient's email box; only in the sender's sent mail box.

The problem is that if you send the email to a .gov address- or to anyone with tighter spam filters, the email gets marked as spam because of the fake attachment that isn't there. I've tested this on a .gov, .mil, and an insurance company's email.

This is certainly trivial in comparison to 45000 copies, but...

Also, has anyone noticed that upon update, it copies multiple emails out of your deleted folder and re-inboxes them?

I have AT&T Yahoo DSL. I used to like Yahoo Mail, but now I don't care for the so called new Yahoo Mail. I get a lot of errors now and my netbook's screen resolution doesn't even support, but that's another issue.

I still use Yahoo Mail, but I have switched to G-Mail. I know it doesn't solve your problem, but it might help explain why.

Upvote 0
i have ditched yahoo entirely... problem solved... how stupid that one can't set up their yahoo account if wi-fi is turned... un-effing-believable... plus yahoo needed a paid upgrade to allow forwarding... so i said buh-bye yahoo a couple months ago... much much better... yahoo is dying...

Upvote 0
i have ditched yahoo entirely... problem solved... how stupid that one can't set up their yahoo account if wi-fi is turned... un-effing-believable... plus yahoo needed a paid upgrade to allow forwarding... so i said buh-bye yahoo a couple months ago... much much better... yahoo is dying...

I just use aol + my private mail server lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones