• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.3.5 stock image?

WraithTDK, could you post the link for this please. I am rooted and would like to get the 2.3.6 update as well. been looking but cant figure it all out.

Thanks!
Have you removed any of the oem bloatware? If so, the OTA update will fail. I too was on 2.3.5, rooted and had removed bloatware, am now on 2.3.6, rooted and removed all bloatware. What I had to do was first install the Atrix 2 bootstrap, which installs CWM Recovery. Reboot into recovery and make a full backup. Download and install RSDLite on your comp and download the fxz for 2.3.5 which will flash a completely stock/fresh version of 2.3.5 back to your phone. Then do the OTA update. Then root it with the one click exploit and after that install the Atrix 2 bootstrap again and boot into recovery and restore data from the backup you made at the beginning. You will end up with your phone exactly as it was before, except with the 2.3.6 update ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones