2 Foot Drop

Last Updated: 2010-11-14 12:46:35
  1. Rileyy-

Rileyy- Well-Known Member

I dropped my phone , about 2 feet and my screen cracked . I am so mad right now . I called Sprint and they said I have to pay 100 to replace it. I don't understand why I am paying for insurance if I have to pay to replace it.
    /rant

Advertisement
  2. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

according to the terms of Sprints new warranty terms, you should be able to get this fixed without paying a penny. Check out this forum http://androidforums.com/sprint/206868-new-tep-policy.html
  3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

The $100 was the old way. The new way is free. I unfortunately cracked mine under the old way. About a 3ft drop for me.
  4. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

Not to sound rude, but its your fault the screen cracked, which is why they make you pay the deductible. If the screen just stopped working it would be free replacement. Why should any company offer a free replacement when the damage was done because you were careless? Does your auto insurance give free repairs when you "accidentally" hit someone? no...
    cij1916 likes this.
  5. Did u guys have a case on it?
  6. dbpaddler

I did not have a case, but I also hit ceramic tile. Still surprised it cracked because I couldn't imagine how it hit to have theimpact mark where it was.

And if I crack my windshield, it actually does get fixed for free, well to an extent. I think the beef is with the $100 though. That became a bit excessive over the past two years especially when all smartphones pretty much have higher rate planes than they used to. At almost $200/yr if you replace it once, you can almost buy one off of ebay or craigslist. In case of a screen crack, new screens at wholesale prices are probably fairly cheap, especially in the case where a center is just refurbishing the phone since they were switching them out. It's just a bit excessive which I think was his only complaint. Had it been $50, he might not be upset over something that is his own fault.
  7. Rileyy-

Wait so I can go into the store and get a new one ? I am paying the $7 a month for the insurance . Does that cover that ? Thanks in advance .
  8. asciidic

asciidic New Member

With the recent changes, the only time you have to pay the deductible is if the phone is lost/stolen or liquid damaged or the board itself is physically damaged. A service center will swap it for free for a cracked screen.
    Rileyy- likes this.
  9. Rileyy-

Thanks you just saved me $100 .
  10. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Dropped mine 3' and it was fine. Had the Sprint two piece case on it though.
  11. or if your dog eats your gf's Epic. board wasn't damaged, it still turned on and booted up after i put my battery in it.
  12. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

its not sprints fault you broke it. You dropped it you broke it.. your problem. Not a manufacture defect... but as others say sprint stores will replace the screen for free. but once again its not sprints fault you broke it so dont get mad at them.
  13. dbpaddler

Wow...so angry. And actually, he is far from the only one to think the $100 deductible is excessive, and guess what? It was, hence the plan has changed. So don't get md at the guy for expressing his frustration. It is disheartening to see that happen and realize you're out $100 when there were phones you paid more money for had a much lower deductible just a few years ago.
    Rileyy- likes this.