• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 Questions

Captain Sexy

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
Somehow I finally figured out how to turn off the flashing LED light for the gmail account. However, I also turned off the notification bar so now it doesn't show when I have mail, I have to click the mail app and refresh it to get it.

How do I get the notification back in the bar?

Also, recently I noticed that I can hear the person on the other side of the line when my phone is ringing (incoming call) before I answer it. So my question is can they hear me before I answer the phone?

To turn on your notification in the status bar go to settings, display and then notification flash. There you can set notification for everything. But as for your other question I have no clue. I've never experienced what you are describing.

Thanks, actually I had to go into the Gmail app to turn it back on, theres two settings for notification one for gmail app and one for mail even if you have gmail via mail.

This phone has been an education for me.

Yeah I'm curious on the other question, like a lot of people I have a way of ignoring calls at times, so I hope they can't hear me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones