• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 2150mah Extended Batteries & Cases...

JuicyJones

Jul 13, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
The other day, I posted about getting a call from the VZW Presidents office in regards to the 2.2 update, the man that I talked to gave me his direct line and told me to call him if I have any other issues. Someone else posted asking me to call him and ask him whether a case that will fit over the 2150mah battery. Instead of calling him, I e-mailed him. He JUST called me and told me that he doesn't see anything coming out in the near future as far as a case to fit over the extended back on the extended battery. He said that I may want to contact HTC directly or search for a 3rd party.

Then he asked if I'm having what kind of battery life I'm getting? And I said, mine is good I'm actually enquiring for someone else. Then I mentioned that I was having problems with my battery for the past few days but I figured out that the updated Facebook App was what was killing my battery. And as if he was in disbelief he said, How so? So I told him that I have been monitoring it and I noticed that the app never leaves the "Active" stage. It never goes "Dormant" to conserve battery life. He said he was unaware of this issue but he does see that the update hasn't been out more than a couple days & would put in a report about it, and get back with me...

The other day, I posted about getting a call from the VZW Presidents office in regards to the 2.2 update, the man that I talked to gave me his direct line and told me to call him if I have any other issues. Someone else posted asking me to call him and ask him whether a case that will fit over the 2150mah battery. Instead of calling him, I e-mailed him. He JUST called me and told me that he doesn't see anything coming out in the near future as far as a case to fit over the extended back on the extended battery. He said that I may want to contact HTC directly or search for a 3rd party.

Then he asked if I'm having what kind of battery life I'm getting? And I said, mine is good I'm actually enquiring for someone else. Then I mentioned that I was having problems with my battery for the past few days but I figured out that the updated Facebook App was what was killing my battery. And as if he was in disbelief he said, How so? So I told him that I have been monitoring it and I noticed that the app never leaves the "Active" stage. It never goes "Dormant" to conserve battery life. He said he was unaware of this issue but he does see that the update hasn't been out more than a couple days & would put in a report about it, and get back with me...

I inquired about this.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones