• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3 simple questions...

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
I got a lot of help earlier with Yahoo email and using a bookmark instead..and with Launcher Pro

Thanks to all

I have three simple questions..I am getting used to it all

I may have posted here the first part, if so, forgive me...

1. my friend with Verizon was told, to help with email problems probably, but definitely with web problems, to increase amount of space that she can allocate for storage She forgot how to do it. Can u tell me how to do it on the Vibrant , if it is good, and if not, a better alternative for what that does. All I know is it is good to know how much space is allowed , and it should be a good amount, on your PC

2. I am unable to delete 2 battery status apps my friend has on his Vibrant. I put mine on, but wanna take his off. It is Battery Smart in the Widget section...and the other is simply Battery Smart (Android) I dont know if they come with another program....but I cannot find them. Nor in the Market. fwiw, I use battery status pro, gives time left, 2g, 3g, wifii, percentage...is there one that the concensus thinks is better???

3. He also has a program called App Resource I like LOL (he is the one who does NOTHING with his phone) but I cannot find it. It tells the memory usage on every program

Sorry here is 4

4. I put on a MLB app, and the widget opens up as a long bar for me, the way it should. For him, it only opens as a app sized square. Any ideas. I will soft reboot, see what happens.

Thanks so much...if you are unable to help. I appreciate it. I know with me being somewhat new I would not be able to help much to others so it is appreciated...

Eric

That's way more than just 4 questions. And I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to ask.

1) What do you mean by increasing storage?

2) If you want to delete an app, just go to settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications. Find the app, and delete it.

3) Google it.

4) Sometimes there are multiple widgets for the same app. Check if he's adding the same widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones