• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 32gb Micro SDHC issues

Yep, same problem! Been scratching my head for weeks trying to sort out my 32GB Micro SD card to take music for my Live with Walkman handset.....looked online for ages till I found this thread. Tried the 2GB stick that came with the handset (I know 2GB....what a joke) and everything works fine, all music files play with artwork etc....

There's some gits out there making a major packet selling dud cards man. Shocking

S

Upvote 0
Hi all,
Apologies for the rambling post below but....

I would like to report major problems I have experienced with 32gb Micro SD cards with a number of Android devices, and most recently my new Desire HD.

The problems occur when I copy across my music library to the 32gb SD. It is a mixture of MP3 and AAC (mp4) files and the initial amount of data is a minimum of 5gb. All the data copies across fine, as I can tell from the available space under settings/SD & phone storage. However, the stock music player app does not recognise roughly half the music, and some of the music it has recognised produces a "cannot play this file format" message if i try and listen to it.

Using Astro File Manager, I then browse to the location on the SD card where I have copied the music and find that the music (that was not recognised) , is not physically on the SD card (despite the available space remaining suggesting the files are there).

If I then copy new music to the Desire HD on the SD card, the music copies over but the same scenario above occurs.

If I keep the SD card in the phone for 24 hrs the phone will crash numerous times and the only way I can turn the phone back on is to remove the battery.

I have tested 4 different 32gb Micro SDHC cards, 2 Class 4 SanDisks and 2 Class 6 Kingstons, same results with both.

Phone-wise, I have tested this on an HTC Wildfire and Samsung Galaxy S (running Android 2.1) and an HTC Desire and HTC Desire HD (running 2.2). I will test on a Samsung Galaxy Tab tonight.

Also, I have tested the above after formatting the SD card in the devices themselves, and from formatting the SD card from Windows 7 using FAT32 and 32kilobytes as the allocation unit size.

Has anyone else experiences issues with 32gb Micro SDHC cards? FYI, the stock 8gb Samsung SD card that comes with the Desire HD works without any issues whatsoever.

regards
Michael
Hi bro,
I am having the same problem as you. Did you find any solution for that? Is your card fake or is it a android problem?

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung gio s5660 with gingerbread 2.3.4 I recently got a 32 gb Kingston mini card to replace my 4 gb card the ph is capable of supporting 32 gb on the initial transfer all was well transfered a bit over 4 gb but any thing else mp3, movie file seems to transfer but when i unplug either the files and folders are not there or the files cant be read i checked the card with 2testw and it appears to be 32gb I can download apps no problem but transfer is not possible and help possible would be appreciated, i did but=y the card from a Chinese seller from DH gate but he had a good report and as i said it does read as 32 gb. I just tried a sandisk 16gb card of a friend and it worked flawlessly
any ideas
thanks

Upvote 0
I am heartbroken, i bought 2 32gb cards from the company you have at the top of here microsdcardsonline - and i bought them with adaptors, and a separate usb adaptor - belt and braces approach. when i load them in my pc with the adaptor cards it tells me
F:is not accessible, task cannot be performed because of an I/O device error

when i use the usb adaptor it tells me i must format the disk of 512KB - have i been right royally scammed by this company ?? i have emailed them and phoned them for help - no answer, i guess i need to phone my credit card company and get them to deal with it. the really worrying thing is they come in a little plastic wallet, but they are not sealed, its just the micro sd card in a litle holder with the adaptor next to it, the make is transcend - and like i say i used them as they appear in an ad on this site.

Upvote 0
I am heartbroken, i bought 2 32gb cards from the company you have at the top of here microsdcardsonline - and i bought them with adaptors, and a separate usb adaptor - belt and braces approach. when i load them in my pc with the adaptor cards it tells me
F:is not accessible, task cannot be performed because of an I/O device error

when i use the usb adaptor it tells me i must format the disk of 512KB - have i been right royally scammed by this company ?? i have emailed them and phoned them for help - no answer, i guess i need to phone my credit card company and get them to deal with it. the really worrying thing is they come in a little plastic wallet, but they are not sealed, its just the micro sd card in a litle holder with the adaptor next to it, the make is transcend - and like i say i used them as they appear in an ad on this site.

They might just be faulty as opposed to fake? Does the PC recognise them at all or as soon as it tries to read them?

Regarding the company, how many times have you tried to contact them? Incidentally, from my knowledge, we have no control over the ads that appear on site, they're handled by a 3rd Party network. Just in case something is amiss, I can bring this to the attention of our site admin if you like?

Upvote 0
apparently i need to format them (why dont things come ready formatted) and windows XP cannot handle more than 8GB so i have been told by someone, i have also now read a post on another site about microsdcardsonline and their experience with them, so i am at a loss as to know what to do, i think all i can do is find someone who can see what exactly it is i have bought, as if i buy any more from anywhere i will still have the same problem formatting them - its my mistake about the advert the way it appears, it looks as if its being reccommended by the site, but i see now its just a very clever bit of them tapping into particular posts.

Upvote 0
right, quick update, card no1 - formatted perfectly in my tablet, up to 31GB which is the max it can take.

card no2 formatted in tablet other tablet up to 8mb!!!!(yep mb not gb) only, now this was the card which i had tried to format on laptop 1st, before reading that windozzzz cannot format over a certain size. am i right in thinking thats why the tablet now sees this as an 8mb card only ?? is there a way to over format this card back to its right amount ? or is there a chance this is a faulty card

Upvote 0
i got an HTC Wildfire S, came with a 1GB card inside. i replaced it with a Sandisk 4GB card that i'd been using in my old iRiver E100, without problems, lost the 1GB card... then i bought a 32GB Kingston card, which didn't work. i thought maybe the Wildfire can't read 32GB cards (apparently it can), so i bought a 16GB card from the same place, same brand..

the two kingston cards appeared to work for all of five seconds. i copied a Devin Townsend MP3 onto them, the copy failed half-way through and now the 'phone can't read the cards; if i try to mount them under windows 7, they either don't show up or windows can't get any information from them (but it keeps trying).

i'm viewing this as a learning experience.

Upvote 0
Think I might have one of these duff cards. It would actually make sense that the first lot of music goes on fine then I have problems adding more beyond the first 7-8 albums.

----

Had my Samsung GS2 for a couple of months now and I'm struggling to get my music on to it. Its driving me mad, should it be this difficult?

I have a folder, external_sd, with a folder labelled Music. I connect the phone, open external_sd and drag my music files in.

When I add the music files they all seem to go on but sometimes they don't all play. Some tracks or albums come up saying unknown artist and the don't show the track length, these are the ones that don't play.

I am adding the files to a external sd card I have installed in the phone. This is the second sd card I have tried. It has been formatted in the phone. Both cards were 32gb from ebay, the first was

Upvote 0
Hi all,
Apologies for the rambling post below but....

I would like to report major problems I have experienced with 32gb Micro SD cards with a number of Android devices, and most recently my new Desire HD.

The problems occur when I copy across my music library to the 32gb SD. It is a mixture of MP3 and AAC (mr4) files and the initial amount of data is a minimum of 5gb. All the data copies across fine, as I can tell from the available space under settings/r4 & phone storage. However, the stock music player app does not recognise roughly half the music, and some of the music it has recognised produces a "cannot play this file format" message if i try and listen to it.
Where did you get the microsd cars from? If from more iffy sources like ebay and it could be that the card is fake and not 32gb.

You could test this by formatting your card, then copy the two movies that did show up the first time, see if the card works on your tab. If so then copy a few more files and test it again, do so till the card stops working again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones