• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aekhhi

Jul 10, 2010
Guess I'll be returning my HTC Flyer after not even having it 24 hours and hope they have another one in stock. Why?

1) Wall Charger wouldn't pick up a charge on my tablet on initial charge. I left it alone for two hours charging it and it actually decreased in battery. It never charged. I tried three different electrical outlets

2) USB cord let it charge for a little bit. But it never got over 50%... now it won't recognize the tablet at all. Tried two different computers. I've never had this problem before with an HTC product.

3) The top cover is incredibly difficult to get off. Took me an hour and a half to get it off just so I could put my MicroSD card in.

4) Factory reset didn't even work. In fact, I think the battery is now at 15%. I have barely used it because I wanted to leave it alone to charge.

5) It started getting hot while I was trying to charge it.

I think I got a faulty one which is why I will just exchange the second the store opens. This literally killed my excitement for this.

That's weird that it wouldn't recognize a charge. I have mine plugged in right now. Honestly, I've returned several faulty HTC products so I wouldn't sweat it. Go get a new one and don't let it ruin your excitement! It happens!

well luckily the best buy mobile store in the mall where I live, has more. I just called them since they opened at 11am. and they are going to look at it but will most likely give me a new one. this is my first faulty HTC device.. I've had the Aria and the Inspire with no major issues and I love HTC products. I was coming from a Blackberry and almost got a Playbook but I'm glad I didn't. I'm all HTC now!

they also said that they would check to make sure that the new one would work right before letting me leave the store. I'll probably pick up another SD card because I actually had problems with that one, but I decided to reformat it and put it back to factory standards. the device works great and I love it, I just wish it would charge!

and yes, the back camera isn't all that great. my Inspire's camera takes better pictures. But I don't think I'd be using it that much to take pictures since I do have my cell phone and I do have a regular digital camera. the front facing camera has better clarity too. and that makes up for the back one. I just wish my Inspire had a front facing camera though!

Upvote 0
good news :)

I was able to exchange it. they said that because of the way the charger is set up, the gold prongs on the inside on the actual device, they can easily break or get pushed in. if that happens, it can make it so that you can't charge it at all. and they offered me their protection plan again, which I took this time. because they said if it ever happens again, it has to go back to HTC and it could cost $100 something just to replace the piece on the inside. and with Best Buy's plan, they'll replace the device.

so I spent more than what I wanted to.. but if I have the protection plan and it happens again, I'll get a new one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones