• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

35% off all DROID accessories at the Verizon store

I got the multimedia charger today that I ordered from seeing this thread (before I saw the other thread with the bundle and bought that too...). This thing is pretty sweet. I think I'm going to keep it along with the one I'm getting in the bundle. I'll use one at home and one at work. Sure, I paid $20 for the one multimedia charger separately, but it definitely seems worth it. Now the question is do I keep both car mounts (one I bought three weeks ago, and the one I have coming to me from the bundle). My first thought was to keep one in my car and one it my wifes, but I'm thinking I'll use that so infrequently that perhaps I should return one of the car mounts and just move the other one from car to car as needed.

Upvote 0
I speak only from personal experience. My TomTom fell off the windshield and off the dashboard so many times I stopped using it altogether.

Not trying to wish bad luck upon you, but I'm sure the cost of repairing a dent or scratch because you had to take your attention off the road to pick up your phone+dock that just fell off the windshield and into your cup of coffee and spilled on your lap is less than the cost of even the most expensive proclip setup.

I guess auto-body repair is for people who just have money to burn :')

BTW - yes, the $89.99 dock pricing is absurd, but that's definitely not the one I'm recommending

Lol. You don't wanna know how I've been using my Droid without any dock. Somebody's paranoid/bad driver.

Upvote 0
Will the Droid fit in any of the bundle items (windshield holder/multimedia charger) with the Case (the comes with the Holster) on.
No, but this is a car dock/case combo that works together for the same price as the dock itself ... $29.99 - the Droid35 discount.

Have to login, then click :

Enter your location

If the link doesn't work, search for "Motorola Cover Mount Combo" under "Cases and Covers"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones