• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3G capable?

514ford

Lurker
Feb 25, 2012
My Aria was stolen last week so I bought an Inspire. After activating it I could not connect to the internet(mobile network) I get a "connection failed due to incorrect APN setting" message. I called AT&T tech and they said my unlimited data plan is only 3G and the Inspire will not work with 3G only 4G. They want me to switch from my unlimited data plan ($20/month) to a 3GB plan($30/month) and then they say my mobile network should work. I am happy with 3G and don't want to spend another $10/month for less data even if it is faster. Can I make the Inspire work with 3G?

I did some more searching and found the right APN settings. Now it works great. The Inspire looks like it is going to be an awsome phone. This is that I entered.(use at own risk)

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410 (note. this could also be 310, 41 or 15)
APN Type: leave blank

You have to love AT&T's so called "Tech" people that can't help, but can sell you something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones