• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3g icon/wifi icon problems

flossiemoo

May 31, 2011
I tried to see if other threads covered this but didn't find one - apologies if I've missed them.

My mobile data connection is usually switched off, then I turn it on as and when needed in order to keep my usage down and poss help on battery.

However, lately, the 3g/h icon keeps popping up when it's not connected, and no matter what I do, it won't go anywhere. I've checked each time and usually the mobile data is off, but it's becoming a pain.

Also, when connected to my home wifi the wifi symbol comes up but greyed out, despite being connected. THis is also frustrating as it's hard to tell if I have good signal or not.

Any help on these issues greatly appreciated.

The phone is around 2 mths old, running on Gingerbread 2.3.3

Hi, My wife's new apollo has a similar problem in that the G icon is always showing on the top right of the notification area. This is a bright blue G with the bottom square "greyed" out. The mobile network is not enabled. Not sure whether this means that the phone is connected to the 3G network or not. Can anyone help please?

Upvote 0
Hi, My wife's new apollo has a similar problem in that the G icon is always showing on the top right of the notification area. This is a bright blue G with the bottom square "greyed" out. The mobile network is not enabled. Not sure whether this means that the phone is connected to the 3G network or not. Can anyone help please?

Sorry, but I'm not sure... as each phone is slightly different, you may be better asking this in the Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3) - Android Forums as other users for the same device as your wife may be able to offer a better answer than people who use the Desire HD. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones