• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3g meter

amossz

Jun 23, 2012
Hi

Is there a working 3g meter that can tell me live or in a short delay how much of the 3g data I've used?

I saw a lot of them but apparently the main complaints about them is that they show wrong/invalid information. Is there an app that is known for its accuracy?

I only need meter showing, quota and other stuff are less important to me
Thanks

I use 3G Watchdog as well. It tracks reasonably and gives a notification bar icon to let me know when data is on and also configurable alarm so that icon will go red at a point you select.

And the on-screen icon can be set up with a graphic bar for data usage next to a graphic bar for time- since-beginning-of-billing-period, so you can easily see if you are "on-track" to be under your limit without any mental gymnastics.

On the day after I've used it heavily, I will text to AT&T to get my latest numbers and go into 3G watchdog and adjust the quota counters so it matches. (AT&T doesn't give you accurate data until the day after).

Upvote 0
Thanks

Is it possible to set an initial usage for the current month? The billing cycle began at 26/6 and I already used 12mb and I want it to start counting from that. I saw a "set month's counters" option and I set it to 12mb but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

What am I missing?
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones