• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3G not working after ICS downgrade

cdamy

Jun 19, 2012
Hi guys. I live in Greece and I have a beautiful Samsung SII GT-i9100 which I bought online and did not receive with any strings attached. About 2 motnhs ago I upgraded to ICS; it looked like a logical decision at the time, but it went south pretty fast.

The phone ate away at the battery and it lagged horrendously, something my 2-core phone never did before. Very often it would hang needing a hard restart (take out battery) or even restart itself. I spent about a month trying to cope and because I didn't know how to reverse it.

But I coulldn't cope any more so I decided to downgrade (but not to ROOT, I'm still in unsure whether I understand enough). I read up on it and it soon became clear it was doable.

The hard part was getting the right ROMs (and it still is). I looked for 'the right' kind of Gingerbread but to no avail; most links were either dead or a trap (admiralackbar . jpg). Finally I struck on some promising ROMs (3 in number, of which 2 work for me).

I used Odin3_v1.3 and flashed my phone with:
1. GT-I9100_INU_I9100XWKL1_I9100ODDKL1_I9100DDKL1.tar.md5, and
2. GT-I9100_ORS_I9100XWKJ1_I9100OXXKJ1_I9100XXKI4.tar.md5 .

Both worked fine and I thank my lucky stars my phone is up and running again, just like before.

Only thing I can't seem to resolve is that 3G/GPRS stopped working. I called the phone company (WIND HELLAS S.A.) and they said that everything was OK on their part.

I tick the 'User Packet Data' box which used to bring up the 3G/GPRS icon (sooner or later) and provided said conectivity. Now, nothing. Any ideas or opinions more then welcome. Also questions!

Could be some app blocking it?

tl;dr
Downgraded Galaxy SII form ICS to Gingerbread and now 3g/GPRS won't work. Halp!

So, I'm back with news and apologies for being later than I promised.

I reset to factory default twice and I found these two facts out:

1. I've installed a Danish version (though I can switch to any language afterwards - I thank my Germsn for that!) and
  2. GPRS works after the reset up until I switch on WIFI and connect to a network, afterwards I cannot make come on by any means.

Any opinions or suggestions?:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones