• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G Watchdog shows data wont stop

Apologies if there is a better place for this query.

My housemate and I both installed 3G Watchdog the other day (Desire and an X10, noth on different networks) and in both cases it shows small amounts of 3G data being used even when the WiFi connection is up and running. I have been at home all day, in good connection with the wireless, but it shows about 3 meg of data traffic.
Could 3G Watchdog be misreading somewhere or is the an app or 2 that wont use WAN?

sounds like an app is using the 3g, i have wtachdog running on my hero and it never picks up wifi connection data usage,Inside the 3gwatchdogs settings you can get it to only turn on when only 3g is running this would help you test and see what is running or what apps are trying to use 3g,

another thing it could be is the update time for data usage, might be set to something high i.e checks every couple of hours instead of every minute(what i have it set on) so would be counting data you previously downloaded hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
Cheers for the response dude :)

Updates are still set at 1 min, so not sure about that one

Inside the 3gwatchdogs settings you can get it to only turn on when only 3g is running

Checking thru Watchdog settings and cant find this one. All I got is
Show Systems tasks, Show Icon, Autokill settings, Widget settings, Task list settings and Auto Startup

Upvote 0
Auto-Kill app keeps showing the same 4 apps auto starting: Stocks, Footprints, Peep and Friend Stream. I dont use any of them so have gone thru their setting and shut down all sync options they have. Seriously pissed I cant uninstall them. Would consider Root, but the whole process scares me a bit. Dont wanna brick my new phone.

Don't worrie about bricking. As long as you stay away from Radio updates (which can brick your phone if interupted) you'll be fine. As much chance of bricking as you would with an official update which is pretty much zero.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones