• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.1.2 Update Galaxy S3 Issue

So a few days ago I decided to update my device after hesitating about it upon hearing someone tell me about a minor inconvenience that she discovered when she updated her Galaxy s3.
Now, my phone overheats for having any app open and running, whether it's having Facebook or Flipboard open. My battery also drains at a rate of about 15 percentage points per hour with my device being connected to the Wifi here at home. I haven't yet paid attention to how fast the battery drains solely on data.

My question is: is there a way to go back to the previous operating system?

Thanks

Sorry, but there's no way to revert back. Since you updated your device it's always a good idea to do a factory reset right after you update it. That way you wipe any bugs or issues that the updated could've left behind. I'm sure that issue will go away if yuo do that. :)

LOL what? There are threads all over the place giving instructions on how to revert back to the previous firmware, even on non-rooted phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones