• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra deal... shady or not?

I signed up for this deal: attached:
+Galaxy_23_Ultra-deal.jpg

Galaxy S23 Ultra | T-Mobile | 512GB | Lavender | Learn more SM-S918ULIFXAU

Pricing with your T-Mobile offer after one time and recurring trade-in bill credits for
Total:
$1379.99/mo) with T-Mobile Financing.
Also brought the price down with free storage upgrade from 256 to 512 for $1180
Get $1000 trade-in credit on a Magenta MAX rate plan.

The trade in was for my mint, no scratches or blemishes on my Galaxy S21+ 5G
with the Magenta Max plan $10 per line (3)

Also big question? Why did I have to sign up Magenta May for all three lines when I'm the one
buying the phone.

Anyway I signed up and the salesman said there would be four PDF about the deal and everything.

So I get home and look at the four PDF and nowhere it says anything about the deal pricing that
I signed up for. So I go online and back down to T-Mobild stored and they STILL won't give me
the deal price I signed up for. They both said they will honor the deal and it will show up
in my billing in 1-2 months. All I got was they told me they sent more info to my email:

Apple iPhone: 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max
Samsung Galaxy: S22+, S22 Ultra, S21+, S21 Ultra, S20+, S20 Ultra, Note20, Note20 Ultra, Note10, Note10 5G, Note10+, Note10 lite, Z Fold4, Z Flip4, Z Flip3, Z Fold3, Z Fold 2, Z Flip, Z Fold

These are the list of the device which qualify for $1000 off credit. Your device is present in this list
I do apologize for the confusion. I wanted to convey that it will not specifically show on your account online.
It will show up in your next billing March 17th.

I think that is strange!!! You don't get something like a TV without proof you you paid for
AND what kind of pricing deal you got. They sure made it clear I signed the two year contract.
Just said trust us, it will show up in your billing, quote the chat:
Get up to $1,000 off an eligible Samsung Galaxy device when you purchase it on EIP, trade-in an eligible device and have or switch to Magenta MAX

Promo period: February 1, 2023 – TBA
Bill name: 2023 Samsung Trade P1
Promo code / Offer ID: P287 / OR16570

I think I'm getting the run around? Thoughts I don't want to get screwed but it might be too late.
I haven't gotten the phone yet, they say in 2-5 days. I won't open the box until this is straighten out.
nor will they get my Galaxy S21+ 5G either. I will sit down with the manager and get this cleared up.

It took two weeks but I finally got the S23 Ultra Tuesday and got the deal I wanted before I opened the box.
I told them I would send it back and keep my old phone, the they got serious about negotiating.
I wanted it counting the plan, phone credit etic not to be over $131 a month.
We were fighting over $15 a month difference they wanted $146 and I wanted $131 and I wasn't giving in.
You many think why quibble over $15 a month, well add it up over 24 months and you'll see why.
15x24= $360 and that's a lot.
This is what I got:
$105 month plan (with autopay)
$15 month MAX feature (3767 line)
$11.53 month S23 Ultra (w/ $1000 off promo)
=$131.53 monthly.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
If T-Mobile is the last cellular provider on earth, I'll switch to landline before giving a dime to those lying scum-puppies. Chase the best deal and take your chances.

In 2015 I was swayed by a T-Mo promo and looked at the coverage map in my area. Solid magenta LTE, all over the place and full cell coverage. I ordered 4 SIMs and transferred our 4 lines from Verizon's grandfathered unlimited plans, for which I had multiple promos stacked to cost me $10/month per line. Yep, their deal was that good.

I got the SIMs and put them in. Three phones just didn't work: wouldn't connect at all. I had purchased an old Note 2 and was able to barely get signal outdoors. I called T-Mobile, frantic. After going from Tier 1 to Tier 2 to the engineering department, an engineer looked at the tower configuration here and verified that our coverage would be spotty, at best, outdoors. Indoors, forget it. Their coverage map was a complete LIE.

In a panic, I called Verizon and begged them to switch our lines back and restore our grandfathered plans. They graciously did so: but since we had transferred away from Verizon, albeit for two hours, we lost all those old promotions. T-Mobile has cost us a young fortune over the years. I actually filed an FTC complaint over their fraudulent coverage map, and (of course) nothing ever came of it.

So I hope you'll understand when I *spit* the name "T-Mobile" every time I say it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones