• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 4.2.2 [Unofficial] Slimbean [BETA 2]

Ok julio i will download...thx for your tutorial cwm in xda..my cwm lost and now had installed again...i try port the rom and fail.. :D .. Surrender now iam to try port rom ..failed only splash screen ,booting continously. Sorry my english bad

Dont worry man, whats your first language? And did you fix things already on your phone? Fixed CWM? Etc..

Upvote 0
Hi,
I've still been having issues on this otherwise great ROM. Sound_about doesn't fix headphones problem for me, and I can't install a new version for some reason. I've tried uninstalling, disabling, etc., and I still can't get it to work.
Also, Google play Music that comes with the ROM is out of date and when I tried updating, it wouldn't let me(something about signature errors). I uninstalled, but still no luck. These are big issues for me because that's most of what I do with my phone.
Can anyone help?

Upvote 0
********** is the closest we've found, but it will only let you switch between headphones all the time or speaker all the time. AKA you might miss a call if you've got it on headphones!

I'm not sure why, but all i see is astericks. could you pm me with that app? I'm not worried about missing calls because i only use this on wifi at work for streaming music to my earbuds. Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0
Could anyone help me find what app is needed to get headphones working? I use this old phone as a deticated android media player these days. Was running xfusion for the longest time. Just wanting 4.1 or better so i can run xposed modules. Ics doesn't play well with the xposed framework. Thanks in advance

I've found that "Sound About" works well for the headphone issue. You just download it, and configure your headphones and it starts working. =D

Reactions: lancemulvihill
Upvote 0
Why does no one else have this problem? Sound_about just doesn't work for me. The rom comes with it pre installed, but it's out of date and won't let me update it from the play store because of invalid signatures. I tried using root uninstaller then reinstalling from play store, but no luck. stupid signatures. can anyone hellp?

Upvote 0
Why does no one else have this problem? Sound_about just doesn't work for me. The rom comes with it pre installed, but it's out of date and won't let me update it from the play store because of invalid signatures. I tried using root uninstaller then reinstalling from play store, but no luck. stupid signatures. can anyone hellp?

Doesn't work for me either. I have to put a widget on my home screen to manually toggle between headphones and speaker.

Upvote 0
Lol I didn't realize the Sound_About problem until it was mentioned.

Here's what I did to fix this problem;

1.Went to the Sound_About "App Info" page.
2.Disabled it since you can't uninstall "Stock" Apps by default.
3.I then booted into my recovery (For Me TWRP 2.5)
4.From this thread I re-downloaded the Beta 2 zip (I deleted mine so I had to if you have a zipped copy then just use that)
5. Without Extracting it, I went inside the zip, then went into the "System" folder.
6.Inside the "System" folder I went to the "App" folder.
7.There I found the Sound_About.apk file and deleted it from the zip. (The Calculator for me doesn't work either so I deleted Calculator.apk as well)
8.I then transferred the modified Zip/Rom to my phone through the recovery and Flashed it.
9.After Booting into the system, I noticed that Sound_About was not there so it Uninstalled (Yay =) !)
10.I then installed the latest version from Sound_About from the Play Store and everything works fine.

For CDMA or FreedomPop Users
Make sure to change ro.telephony.default_network value to 4 in the build.prop before flashing the rom or Data will not work for you.

How to Get Calculator and Camera
If you don't like the LG Camera Pro like me but still want to takes pictures in 5 megapixel instead of 3 then;
1.Go to the Play Store
2.Search for CM_Apps should be the one by Maarten Dekkers
3.Install it
4.Open the app and install the Stock Camera App (4.5 Megapixel) and Stock Calculator
NOTE : The CM Camera App isn't full 5 megapixel it's 4.5 which is pretty close to if you really need the full 5 megapixel then install the LG Camera Pro app.
5.Configure the app to take super JPEG and it should change the value from 3 Mega Pixel to 4.5 Mega Pixel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones