• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G Live in Westwood (UCLA) 405fwy.

Gianny

Lurker
Jun 4, 2010
This week I have turned on 4G on my Evo and there has been a steady signal in that area as I am driving from UCLA. I did a speedtest and it gave me 4.5MB and 1MB upload. The signal lasted until I got to Getty Center Drive on the 405 FWY.

I hope this means the network becomes active soon.

Yep, I was on Wilshire and Westwood this morning and was getting 4G all the way south to Pico & Sepulveda (isn't that a song). I got good bars around La Brea and Santa Monica, West to Robertson, then dropped until I hit Westwood.

I'm going to try and create a map where I pick-up 4G around West Los Angeles. I drive 70+ miles around the city almost every week, so it will be a good mapping opportunity!

btw, the Speed Test I did while parked on Pico and Cotner, with only 1 4G bar was 2720 kbps - download and 957 kbps - upload.

Eric :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones