• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G/LTE verizon phone

So I live in a college town and don't think we'll be getting 4G verizon any time soon. My upgrade arrives the 28th and I was thinking about the Incredible HD but don't plan on paying for a data plan I can't fully use, so will I be forced to buy a more expensive plan? I was using the normal unlimited plan with verizon until I broke my original Incredible about a month ago. And if its not worth buying a 4G phone in my situation, do you think any big developments will appear on the 3G only field before 4G takes over the beginning of next year. Also I'm clueless as to how fast carriers plan on unrolling 4G coverage, is there any chance I'll get 4G in a town of 75,000 in the next 2 years?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones