• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 5.0.1 Killed my Nexus4 , what to do?

Dror Zohar

Lurker
Jan 24, 2015
Following the update I got a couple of error message about programs crashing.
And since then the phone just wont charge at all. The battery, which was ok before, is empty and it wont charge at all. Even when the phone is off.
Has anyone heard of something like that happening?
What can I do?

I've noticed since 5.0 that my phone occasionally won't charge either. This is mostly with the Qi charger I have in the car which was dead reliable before. I have to try a few times to get it to go into charging mode (some times cycling the wake button, or putting taking it out of the cradle and putting it back). It feels like a software issue and I haven't seen a specific pattern yet. But it's definitely a real issue.

However once or twice I've woken up to find my phone is dead and it didn't charge via usb over night. I'm now careful to be sure that it's fully docked and charging each night.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones