• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 5.0.5 CyanogenMod 5.0.5 available!

Seems fine, I flashed it earlier and I actually think it's much better.

Everyone who is worried about the whole "cell stand by stuff." let it go. It can't be fixed I guess because it's something in then nexus build that causes it. I don't know why but if you read on cyanogen's forum, the nexus has the same problem. It does not cause a decrease in battery life or anything for me.

On heavy use, same use I used for Simply stunning, I get easily 12 hours, if not MORE on average! I generally get around 14 hours I'd say. That seems about right for everyday. So battery life is fine. I've been using his ROM for the past week too. :)

Upvote 0
Everyone who is worried about the whole "cell stand by stuff." let it go. It can't be fixed I guess because it's something in then nexus build that causes it. I don't know why but if you read on cyanogen's forum, the nexus has the same problem. It does not cause a decrease in battery life or anything for me.

Easier when it does not decrease battery.. but it did for me .. once the NexTheme is out I will probably switch, although might switch to try a it before I add the theme

Upvote 0
Easier when it does not decrease battery.. but it did for me .. once the NexTheme is out I will probably switch, although might switch to try a it before I add the theme

I had the 50% stand by with no signal. I saw it in my settings too. But I read that for some reason it's just like that. I agree it's quite frustrating. I think it depends where I go for it to happen. Like when I'm home and not at school it seems fine. But when I go to class, it appears maybe a little which might decrease the battery. Idk, try it out and see what happens. Overall, this ROM flys with live wallpapers I noticed! Like they perform very will when switching screens. Browser is great. Everything seems good! I hope this is enough for you to switch back soon! :D

Also, the NexTheme will be out very soon. He said he'd drop it as soon as Koush drops 5.0.5, so I'd imagine anytime now.. I can't wait too! I loved the look of it!!

Upvote 0
I backed up my old faithful Tweaked Sholes 2.0.6 setup, Installed Rom Manager, flashed Clockwork, downloaded 5.0.5+addons+google apps, and then flashed the ROM(I of course selected to do a wipe. Everything seems to be working fine, except that I cannot sign in to my google account:thinking:.

I'm sure I am missing something small and am looking into it, but can anyone tell me where I screwed up?

Upvote 0
Yup tried everything I know of so far.. no luck. Browser works fine on 3G and WiFi so I know my connections are ok.., just no luck signing in. It tells me i have no dat5a connection, and when I try on WiFi it still will not connect.

Reading through the official thjread on 5.0.5, I see quite a few bugs.. i may just go to Ultimate V8.. If I don't like that, I will try BB 0.9.. and if all else fails I will just reflash SPrecovery and bring my old Soles 2.0.6 back..lol

Upvote 0
Yup tried everything I know of so far.. no luck. Browser works fine on 3G and WiFi so I know my connections are ok.., just no luck signing in. It tells me i have no dat5a connection, and when I try on WiFi it still will not connect.

Reading through the official thjread on 5.0.5, I see quite a few bugs.. i may just go to Ultimate V8.. If I don't like that, I will try BB 0.9.. and if all else fails I will just reflash SPrecovery and bring my old Soles 2.0.6 back..lol

but 5.0.5 did not really start until page 33 or 34.. on the Cyanogen forum

Upvote 0
Andrew,

what speed you running the CPU at?

I run all my ROM's at 600/1000 (or the max kernel I can get ;)). But the profile settings are also the same throughout the other ROM's too. So these settings are the same for every ROM I use.

EDIT: So I couldn't attach the files because they were too large. So here's my setting (well, the important ones):

Screen ON:
Max: 1000
Min: 600

Sleep/Standby:
Max: 600
Min: 250

Upvote 0
Man I love these guys (Koush&Cyan). Best ROM's out IMO. They might have a few bugs here and there but the features and options they have are not met by any other dev. I just donated $65 to Koush and $50 to Cyan (haha I have given Cy like $300 bucks since way back when I had my G1). Apps2SD is great but in all honesty do we really need it? I haven't had any trouble with running out of memory for apps yet, and I'm not willing to shell out however much it is for a class 6 16GB microSD IF they even make REAL ones. Anything less then class 6 and you may have problems loading and running certain apps.

Upvote 0
Oh and if anyone needs help with partitioning your sd card for A2SD then hit me up, I am a seasoned veteran when it comes to that. When we ran Hero/Sense ROM's on the G1 we HAD TO have 3 partitions, one for storage, one for A2SD and one for linux swap. I know at first it looks sorta intense but it is super easy once you get the hang of it. Hopefully Koush enables a option in his recovery to do it. Amon_RA had the sickest recovery every for the G1/MT3G/N1

RAv1_2_0G.png

Upvote 0
Reactions: Bunsen Honeydew
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones