5.07.651.6 Update

1. roly947

roly947 Well-Known Member

Just got an update patch for my Evo, i know not to download it since my phone is rooted.... anyone know if a root friendly update patch?

Advertisement
    :
    ocnbrze likes this.
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello roly!
    I moved your thread here seeing as you are rooted:)

You are wise not to accept the update.
    I would just flash a rom that has the update built in or another rom:)

What rom are you on now?
    tube517 and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

and to add to what mikey said as well as to answer your question.......yes the latest ota is rootable but it is much harder to root. so do not accept the ota especially if you are rooted. it could unroot the phone and you will have to reroot it.
    tube517 and Mikestony like this.
  4. roly947

roly947 Well-Known Member

no rom installed yet, just basic root.... don't know what's best for me as far as rom. I have enjoyed basic root and using setcpu to gain access over cpu settings for better battery life. I'm looking into flashing a rom, so i'll keep a lookout on the newest update.
  5. ocnbrze

ok so here are some things for you to read:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html ......just skip the rooting process and go to the second post. it has tons of info about how to flash roms.

here is a list of roms:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/618281-list-utilities-apps-roms-kernels-og-evo.html .......try the staff picks. it has tons of great suggestions of roms.

personally i like mikg3.11 and deck's reloaded.

and for battery and life and performance check out kernels:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/389360-kernels-dummies.html

and setcpu to over/underclock your phone:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/210253-setcpu-guide.html
    Mikestony likes this.
  6. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

Radio Update - 2.15.00.01.15 - 2/16/13 - theMikMik

Supposedly, there is a radio update in there. Captain Throwback pulled it ans placed it in the thread above. However when I went to flash it, it said "no update script found".

Anyone know of a flashable copy of the radio update?

Running CM7.2
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ocnbrze

ok the one he has in the second post is the current one. this one is flashed thru the bootloader. did you name the file correctly? does your pc hide extensions? so when you download the file, do you see the .zip at the end or not?

if you see the .zip at the end then make sure that when you name it you leave the .zip in the name and make sure you are not adding an extra .zip to it.

if you do not see a .zip then make sure that you do not add one. windows by default hides extensions so it is there but it is not shown. all you need to do then is delete everything in the name except for the PC36IMG part.

if you name it right and if you placed the file on the sd card(make sure that it is not a 2g card. evo has issues with those) and not in any folder(top level of the card) then the bootloader should find it.

one thing make sure that you have a full battery and DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY OUT while it is updating>>>>>>>that is a great way to brick the phone.

hope this helps.
    Mikestony likes this.
  8. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

Another update???? WOW! I did not think this would happen. Does any one know what it is besides radio update?
  9. ocnbrze

no this is a radio from the 5.06 ota. it is not the update itself....the og evo will never get another ota as it is now eol.
  10. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

mikem0269 and ocnbrze like this.
  11. ocnbrze

WOW.....i thought that the op's title was a misprint.......i'm completely shocked that there is another update.........interesting.

well i guess it will be a wait and see what roms comes out for this ota. curious to see what is in this update.
    mikem0269 likes this.
  12. ocnbrze

tube517 and mikem0269 like this.